Class Action Suit ... 4G LTE
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if there is a Class Action Suit against Verizon for the lack of advertised and promised 4G LTE service?

I've never, ever seen the 4G light up on my phone anywhere.  I think even if I was in a 4G area (not an extended area) it has the capability to light up (HTC Thunderbolt).

I never realized the number of people across the nation who are having the same problems with the lack of 4G LTE coverage ... in spite of the fact that going through the process of finding out if you're covered or not it always says "Congratulations!  You're covered." 

According to my map, if I walk out to the mailbox I should have extended coverage.  I have nothing.  No matter where I go.  Nothing.

Seems to me that perhaps a bait and switch is going on.   I realize that Verizon has a LOT of caveats about 4G LTE service coverage areas, but the promises, lies, and outright failure to fix this situation has to be stopped.

I doubt this will remain posted.  If it is removed, I will just find another way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Class Action Suit ... 4G LTE
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Good lord.  If you live in a 4G area and you have NEVER seen 4G light up on your phone you should take it to the store and see if there's something wrong with it.  Perhaps it is set to CDMA only?  Or maybe you have a hardware problem?  Have you done anything to troubleshoot the issue before you whine about a class action lawsuit?

Cheers,

Dave

gsdodge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with Dave.  Take you phone to the nearest Verizon store and have it checked if you have never had 4G service show up.  Hopefully the store is in a 4G area so they can validate.  I have a HTC Thunderbolt and generally have 4G service in Northeastern Virginia.  However, since early December both 3G and 4G service has been intermittent and at this moment it is down.  It was up this morning but mid morning it went down and has remained down.  Nevertheless, when it is up I do get good 4G reception.  At the moment I am getting 1x level only. 

0 Likes
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have TWO Thunderbolts. Neither one of them have ever said "4G" no matter where we go.

What is CDMA and how do I check if it is or isn't set.

Thanks for the response.

Marti

-

davegr <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

=============

davegr created the discussion

"Re: Class Action Suit ... 4G LTE"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/778971#778971

0 Likes
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a follow-up ... Found the CDMA settings and they are both set to LTE/CDMA.

Thanks again.

M.

-

davegr <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

=============

davegr created the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/778971#778971

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

class action lawsuits will fail for extended coverage areas. These are all based on roaming agreements. Also there are farther away from towers that are owned by Verizon that you may or may not get coverage.

As you said going to your mailbox you should have "extended" coverage...

I am not a Verizon employee and I used to live in an extended coverage area when the TB was first released. Almost 1 year later we got 4G and I saw 4G maybe 3 times throughout the year.

0 Likes
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

If Verizon already knew that I would not be able to have consistent (right now I have none, anywhere I drive to - I live in the sticks but have driven through other more populated areas) 4G LTE, then they should never have that page come up (after inputting your address) that says, "Congratulations! You have 4G ..." etc.

It should come up and say you may or may not have coverage ... instead of making me find out that I don't have coverage, write to support to find out why for months, only to finally hear someone say (after the time period expires for return of the phone and contract), that I (direct quote from email) "live in a 'fringe' area."

It didn't say "Congratulations! You live in a Fringe area," and if it had, I wouldn't have bought TWO of the phones.

I'm just saying.

M

-

Tidbits <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

=============

Tidbits created the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/779026#779026

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It tells you flat out on their coverage map... They do NOT give any type of promise on coverage in extended coverage areas. I read everything before moving over to an LTE device.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Please by all means waste tax payer monies on this. I am pretty sure we have nothing better to spend that money on 🙂

mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am only one of THOUSANDS of customers upset with Verizon's lack of 4G LTE service, their misleading advertisements, etc. When I was told "Congratulations! You are in the 4G ..." area, it never stated to check the small print.

Additionally, withholding the information via direct communication immediately after receiving the cell got me nothing more than months of emails stating, "it's coming in your area soon."

By the time I found out I live in a "fringe" area, it was too late to do anything about it.

I'm not a cell tekkie. I bought the phones in the good faith statement from Verizon stating to me that we were in the coverage area. Period.

Why is it that when someone wants to write a wrong (and for the good of all and not for one), the topic gets changed to something like wasting money to pursue an equitable resolution?

How long will people sit back and keep getting punched in the wallet before someone does something meaningful?

M.

-

Tidbits <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

=============

Tidbits created the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/779004#779004