BB 9650 updated to OS 6 Bundle 3084 unable to activate email
illinoisfarmer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded my BB 9650 to OS 6 Bundle 3084. Once the installation was complete, I followed the instructions to re-setup my email accounts through the Email Account Activation.  I would type in my passwords and hit the "Verify" button and get the message "Sorry, unable to continue your session. Please log in again." I have used this device to read my emails daily from 3 accounts for nearly 2 years and now after this upgrade I can't access any.  I took the device to a Verison store and was instructed to download the bundle again, which I did. I get the same message.  From my device I went to mobile.blackberry.com, communicate, email. In trying to reactivate my email accounts I get a message "A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your service provider."  I have been without email on my BB 9650 for 4 days, I need help to reactive my emails.

Labels (1)
Re: BB 9650 updated to OS 6 Bundle 3084 unable to activate email
allisonea

Hmmm I followed those steps after reading your post and everything is working great on my phone now. I would maybe try pulling your battery and trying again? I hope yours works again soon! Thanks for the help, even though it sadly didn't help you Smiley Sad.

0 Likes
teadaddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just happened to me on my 9330 6.0 bundle 3084... same thing...  and this is very frustrating ... please help!

0 Likes
nyckimmy

I installed the 3084 bundle 2 days ago and same issue... unable to activate my internet e-mail (Gmail) . Thinking it would be better to just revert to the previous OS, I selected "Downgrade" from the Options>Software update menu... HUGE MISTAKE!!!! Upon installing the downgrade to previous software, it crashed my phone and destroyed the phone's operating system. I brought it to the Verizon Wireless store near me, only to be told that my phone was out of warranty (> 1 yr old) and they couldn't do anything to help. They gave me Blackberry's Tech Support # and I called but it was useless, they will just send you back to call Verizon tech support.

Lesson learned..my phone operated perfectly for 18 months before downloading this "upgrade"...I would recommend you call Verizon tech support. The retail location was not helpful at all; the tech support center (1-800-922-0204) was able to get me an upgrade to the iPhone4s.. I'm done with Blackberry after this fiasco.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not encouraged by hearing this   Smiley Sad  I'm currently using v 6.0 bundle 2333 on my bold 9650, and the warranty just ran out 2 weeks ago - I'm now past one year.  I also rely heavily on the email - I have 6 accounts set up and that's the majority of my activity on the phone, so if the update causes a problem, I'm not going to risk it.

I haven't been notified of an OS update - what is new or better that would make me want to change from an OS that is working just fine, thank you?

and   - can you go to crackberry or blackberry.com and download the previous OS and reinstall that? 

0 Likes
Fingerlakes48
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did mine today without any problems. I have  always used the Desktop Manager this keeps me connected 100% as opposed to a wireless.

0 Likes
rush51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Illinoisfarmer:

I followed your instructions regarding going to mobile.blackberry.com, communicate, email and it worked! My email has been reactivated! Hallelujah!!

Thanks

teadaddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you illinoisfarmer!  worked for me also...where was I supposed to find this out?  never had to do it before... It seemed to think I got a new phone, when I just got an update...

YAY!

SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Here are the steps I recommend following:

After you have downloaded the OS from Verizon, the fast OS install would be:

1. Back up with DM

2. Back up 3rd party apps with BBAK

3. Using BBSAK, install OS

4. Restore 3rd party apps using BBSAK Install CODs

5. Restore settings using DM

Several reboots will occur in 1. thru 5. above...let them finish...don't worry about any system messages until after 5.

JB

ejhonda
Enthusiast - Level 2

illinoisfarmer, you're on the right track.

I, too, rec'd the error message like you did when visiting mobile.blackberry.com. However, I then refreshed the page, and the expected email reset page appeared.  I was able to enter valid passwords and verify for each email account, and then I was shown a page stating that my "new" Blackberry device was set up for email, and my Internet email accounts were transferred successfully from my "old" device to my "new" device.  My quotes...

So, apparently this upgrade fools Blackberry into thinking you've obtained a new device, and then forces you to transfer email accounts from your "old" (i.e. your BB w/ the old OS) to the "new" device (i.e. your BB w/ the upgraded OS).  With illinoisfarmer's suggestion, I'm now working now.

This is just ridiculous.  If BB / VZW can't control the upgrade process any better than this, they shouldn't be issuing updates directly to end-users.