Re: Droid 3 Automatically Restarts
mat_edge05

Same issue here. ALthough I'm not using wifi but bluetooth. Usually does it when its in my car dock. I don't think the car dock is the issue, but that I always turn on the bluetooth, cause that's how I stream my music. Seems like bluetooth and wifi are causing it. It's been over 4 months and this is still not resolved! In 4 months I could have learned how to write the software codes and do the repair myself. 

0 Likes
pskyner

Mine does that too but I don't use Wi-Fi on this phone at all..Normally when it freezes it will shut off by itself. But sometimes it's just sitting there and it will just turn off by itself while I am in the middle of doing something. Thinking of switching to the iPhone 4 now...

0 Likes
eclein

I have had 4 replacement phones-Droid 3-and everyone reboots, turns off, apps dissapear, missing phone calls....customer service was supposed to call me last week at a day and time and it never happened at the time. 6 hours later when I wasn't available someone called. I called and asked very politely if they could track the rep down and please have her call me when she gets back after holiday. "I am sending an email now sir"...nothing....I'm disabled and have difficulty with using my hands so the keyboard is a good thing for me as the virtual ones I seem to have trouble with. How many phones do I have to go through before you give me a better phone?? I have been a client for years??

This is sad.....

0 Likes
njfiddler

I actually have a happy ending to my sympton, which was my Droid 3 randomly turning itself back on. I talked to VZ Customer Service agent. We did two things: (1) removed/replaced the battery, then (2) dialed *228 (or was it *288?) and reactivated the phone. We did not remove any apps or change any other configuration parms.

The problem has not happened since, which is ~5 days ago; it would happen about 80% of the time before. I'm happy!

0 Likes
giversonjr

I was curious to know if anything has been done to resolve this? I have had this issue since I purchased my phone and I attempted to contact verizon. Thanks for any response in advance.

0 Likes
bettycr

Don't know if this is the problem or not, but when I was downloading an app and reading through all the fine print, it stated at the very bottom that agreeing to this app it would allow the Droid to never go to sleep.  Perhaps that is why the phone turns itself back on - some app won't let it stay off.  Worth checking out.

0 Likes
ginger99967

I am on my 3rd Droid3 due to auto reboot.  Now my texting stopped working. 

Someone do something!!!

0 Likes
mkpp

Well been quite a few weeks.... Had a Droid 2... calls couldn't be heard or they hear me.  There is stuff all over this feed about it.  Called Verizon.... they never heard of it.... did a master reset, cleared apps, etc.... didn't work sent me another Droid 2... Then in about a week kept doing it.... called again... did a master reset, cleared apps, etc... then they sent me a Droid 3.... First couldn't activate it because though a referb they didn't have the phone registered... Had the phone for 24 hours.  It automatically rebooted about 30 times.... Called Verizon... did a master reset, cleared apps, etc... They figured it must be the 8 gig memory card.  Having Droid 2 programing on a Droid 3.... They will send me another memory card.... took the card out... Still rebooting....  Called again... let them know I just did the master reset, cleared apps, etc. an hour ago.  The guy on the phone heard somthing about this problem but not very often.... I asked if they ever actually check the forums they created....  So.... They are sending me another referbed Droid 3 phone.... Which from what I read hear will probably reboot again...  Doesn't look like there has ever been a fix.   My question to Verizon... why send phones you know doesn't work?  They must think technical support is sending a referbed phone, I am on my 4 phone in the past 2 months.

0 Likes
sphilly920

I turn my Droid 3 off at work and place in my locker, but sometimes it turns on and drains the battery because it is always searches in there, or when I go the the movies and turn it off it turns on after 5 or 10 minutes? I reboot it and still does it.

0 Likes
dawnvzw

i have the same problem & my wifi isn't even turned on!!!

0 Likes