iPhone 4S - App Store - Apple ID Password is not working
chrisallen3285

I'm trying to update my apps on my iPhone 4S and I'm having a hard time.  I click on the App Store icon then click update all then it asks me for my Apple ID password.  I enter it and I get a message saying "Your password was entered incorrectly." I go to iTunes on my computer and enter the same password and it goes through.  I called Apple and the representative said he didn't know why this was and that he couldn't really help me.  Is anyone having this problem??  What am I supposed to do??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
iPhone 4S - App Store - Apple ID Password is not working
belto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Send a request to reset your password and you good to go. You can also use iCloud to sync.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S - App Store - Apple ID Password is not working
chrisallen3285

I did reset the password and tested it out to make sure it works and I'm able to get through on iTunes but when I try it on my iPhone 4S it says the same thing "Your password was entered incorrectly"

0 Likes
belto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try syncing thru your iPhone. If this fails turn your iPhone off for around 30 seconds. This is like performing a cold boot on a windows pc. It is the same with apple products. If all fails go to apple site and try to go to live chat, I find they are most helpful if you clearly explain your situation. They can things do with live chat verses customer support. I know that this sounds backwards but this is how some things happen to be. Are you using your wireless Internet to connect with your iPhone?

belto
Enthusiast - Level 3

also I have noticed that I have put the wrong pass code to unlock my iPhone and it states that I ave entered a wrong passcode but it unlocks my iPhone anyhow.

0 Likes
chrisallen3285

I'm using a NETGEAR wireless router.  I have Time Warner Cable as my provider for my cable, internet, and phone

0 Likes
belto
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just thought of something. Check your settings within iTunes on your PC/Mac.

0 Likes
chrisallen3285

How do you do that??

0 Likes
belto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to your PC/Mac. Launch iTunes, when it finishes launching look at the left under file or edit and then look for preferences. If you find this, then check your settings. Sometimes redoing or double checking your settings will clear this up but remember to save your settings and do remember your last settings if this does not help. Sometimes stuff such as PC's/Mac's get what we call retarded or have brain farts just as we all do from time to time.

0 Likes
chrisallen3285

So, I went to Edit then Preferences and now I'm stuck.  I don't see a Settings tab on the top.  Sorry, I'm new to all of this

0 Likes