web browser
voyager6

I recently bought a LG Cosmos 2.  This phone is compatible with the Opera Mini web browser according to Verizon app store.  I have an older $5/month data package and I can get Mobile Web 2.0 home screen is VZW Today and surf the web,  but I cannot seem to update my browser.  I can download it but when I try to activate it my phone freezes.  Is it my phone ,data package or the download?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: web browser
Not applicable

voyager6,

Congratulations on your new LG Cosmos 2! The Verizon Opera Mini browser is available to download from the Media Center under Apps, or you can use the search option to find the application. It is free to download and standard data charges will apply to download and use the browser. You can read more and get app from our website here.

I am sure that helps improve your experience!

Thank you

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
voyager6

To:   AdamE_VZW

After downloading the App and trying to run it my phone freezes for about 2 minutes this shuts off and restarts.  What can be done to fix this?  Do I have a defective phone?

0 Likes
Not applicable

voyager6,

That's no good! Is there an error message before it powers off? Please try rebooting the phone, then access the Opera Mini browser again. If still, it shuts off please remove the application and redownload. Let me know the progress.

Thanks

AdamE_VZW

0 Likes
voyager6

I did as you suggested but to no avail. I deleted the app, re-downloaded the app, Opera mini, then after trying to launch the app it locked up for 2 minutes then rebooted, after which the Verizon logo showed for 30 seconds then the normal screen appeared.

Any other thought??

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 7:27 AM

To: Jim Jacobsen

Subject: - Re: web browser

created by AdamE_VZW in Basic Phones - View the full discussion

0 Likes
Not applicable

voyager6,

Please click my name and send me a direct message so I can review this further and escalate this to the Opera browser developers.

Thanks

AdamE_VZW

0 Likes
DT2013

Could someone please tell me what the ultimate solution for this problem was? I am having the exact same experience. I have one of the newer 1X coverage, $9.99/mo. data plan. All the other apps (mobile email, backup assistant, facebook) work fine for more, but opera mini freezes my phone and then it restarts. It's brand new, and I'm pretty frustrated with it.

Thank you,

DT

0 Likes