Re: Countless problems with Droid Charge...
Tidbits
Legend

I have a ton of apps loaded. I think if the problem arises has to be the RFS format. I understand Samsung using the format, but in the end the life may be extended for the device, but if they are not going to support their product after a year then what does it matter if the flash memory could potentially last 5x longer?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The issues wasn't instant,my software was mostly troubleshooting and diagnostic apps because I dont like benching a device from workstation because its not a real world test but I still have to keep track of systems test status.

The biggest issue that I ran into was the weak radios, have you noticed any reception differences with the Charge?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Hard to pinpoint unless I am out in the field. If I am at home or at the office we are practically under a tower or within 1/2 mile from one. I have to take the Charge with me when I have to go to diamond head or Kahuku. Which won't happen until next month.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I understand, just figured I would ask what your luck was with the signal.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Well i do have to go to Mililani where I can test it out. I am unsure of the signal there so it may be a good test for a few hours while at my nieces birthday party.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I think that should be a good test. If I remember correctly the towers for the Middle of Oahu are not in the middle and the distance between them make the signal overlap barely and the Mililani AOAO has been blocking towers to be built closely to Mililani.

0 Likes
eternal_deed
Enthusiast - Level 2

Na it's alright. im just frustrated is all. Last thing i need right now is to feel like it was my fault i bought something expensive which doesnt work properly.

I am a fan of Droid phones. I loved and still love this Droid Charge. The shape, the display, the hdmi, the 4G etc. are all good features. All i want...is for this phone to function. There's a reason i was patient with this phone for 8 months before i decided to post something about it. i gave the phone time to improve knowing the updates would be coming out. So it's not like i just got bored nd want something new like other ppl do. After reading other peoples posts about this device having the same problems i had been experiencing...i figured that it might not be for any specific persons phone.

As for the stray application thing..you might be right,  but i cant be sure. if you guys really have had no problems with the charge, try one test. go to phonearena.com on the phones browser using wifi with the java and plugins enabled. it will most likely show u one of the problems with this phone, which is the checkerboard lag.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I use Opera Mobile on all my devices because I never been a fan of the stock browsers, I have had issues with a number of sites on stock one that has loaded flawlessly with Opera. On the box issue a 3rd party browser may be best solution.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have never ran into an Android device that doesn't checkerboard until the Galaxy Nexus.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Opera does not checker for me...  I mainly seen this only with stock browser..

0 Likes