Do I get charged extra for "Extended 3G Data"?
bubba_apples

I'm living in an area that has "Extended 3G Data" on the map and was just wondering if this will cost me extra? Or will I be able to use Verizon normally and not have to worry about any extra charges?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Do I get charged extra for "Extended 3G Data"?
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello bubba_apples,

This is a great question.  There are variables involved in this questions that prevents me from providing a flat out yes or no, however, I will be able to give you a general idea with this post.  If you have a Verizon Wireless Nationwide plan, are not outside of the United States and are not picking up any non U.S. towers you will not be charged for any extended 3G data.  To understand if you are possible picking up any non U.S. towers your city and state are needed.  An example of this could be the following: If you live near the Canadian border and are picking up a Canada tower despite being in the United States.  If this example does not apply to you then this is one of the variables you can mark off the list.  (I can check for you as well if you are not sure.)  If the other two variables are correct as well you may use your data normally and do not have to worry about any extra charges.  If you have any further questions feel free to inquire.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Nellhere

does this count alaska? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nellhere!

Yes. The same rules listed above would apply for Alaska.Verizon Wireless is currently building a wireless network in Alaska and a network of stores. When complete, we will deliver Alaskans a fast, reliable 4G network, along with high call quality and customer service and a strong lineup of Smartphones and Tablets. We will provide more details as we get closer to launch. Click here to view your our coverage in alaska. http://bit.ly/ymXLCI

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw

0 Likes