Re: 10yr customer switching to AT&T from Verizon for the Nokia 900 Lumia
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

assuming mango was installed months ago.

picture hub... select video... share... email account.

sent video by email

for some reason the chooser from email is picture only (which sorta makes sense if you want to limit accidental emailing of large videos over limited data plans)

jimhamill3
Enthusiast - Level 2

It’s apparently a HTC thing but unsure. My current 6.5 phone is a Samsung and it will attach anything. The user manuals for the HTC Trophy and the HTC Arrive say only photos and the demo they have on the VZW website only shows photos. I often have the need to send mail with various type document while on the road so this photo thing is holding me back. Will check Nokia website when I get a chance and might make the move although been with VZW since the mid-90s.

0 Likes
jimhamill3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m looking to be able to attach documents and spreadsheets. Care less about videos and photos

0 Likes
jleebiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think this point is significant though. There are MANY people that think the same way. They think WP is the same as WM when CLEARLY they are not. There are so many things that have changed since those days. I'm not going to get into Wildman's opinion as he corrected himself, but rather, how do we educate everyone else that thinks the same way? As I have asked before, what's it going to take?

jleebiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why does VZW HAVE to make an announcement at MWC? Is there something that states they need to announce something there? They would have either announced something by now or not.

chinch
Contributor - Level 1

clear your mind a little of old habits.

Any document being viewed on the phone can be shared by email from Office (spreadsheet, docx, etc.). The same way you get the document and spreadsheet on the phone is how it's sent.

WP7 has no "file system" because that's insecure and 2002 based (think windows ce and android). So all "documents and spreadsheets" you are seeing can be emailed on a WP7 device.

ma7mgte
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what I've read from poking around the internet Microsoft, Nokia and Verizon are still "negotiating".  So, something could still be announced next month...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it will take a lot more than their efforts so far. wp is trying to crack a market that has pretty loyal users. i would think that there is room for another major OS, with the downfall of blackberry......but it's not going to happen overnight. iOS and Android have that market fairly well locked up at the time. surely you can appreciate the fact that microsoft failed at their first attempt, and that the potential users they were gaining and would have gained by now, have now spent this time learning iOS or android, and don't particularly care to get t totally different device. if it's as great an OS as the wp fans claim, then it will make it, and eventually there will be a dozen to choose from on each carrier.....but verizon has a few low end choices, and that's not going to change until they are sure they can sell hundreds of thousands (or millions) of a particular model.

AZSALUKI
Legend

you have me intrigued. what do you mean by no file system? could you attach a spreadsheet and a pic to an email? or would you have to "share" it by opening one and emailing it and then opening the other and emailing it? i really know nothing about the OS.

also...is there no directory? how do you find files....or do you just have to open the app it is associated with and then open it?

0 Likes
ma7mgte
Enthusiast - Level 2