droid incredible low on space problem
afrank38

This topic has been discussed in other places but every solution to it I have tried and none of them have worked so far. I have a notification on my incredeble that says my phones storage space is getting low. When I click on it it takes me to "manage applications" My internal storage is only using 236 MB at the moment and has 512 MB of free space. I have tried uninstalling different apps, have moved them to the SD card, have set messages to save attatchments to SD card. No matter what I do I can not get the notification to go away. I have basically been ignoring it but now another notification saying I have to free up space to recieve messages has been showing up more frequently and I am getting really tired of it. Please help, thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: droid incredible low on space problem
jmaree
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I had the same issue. what happens is, that sometimes there could be an app that is corrupt and could be causing errors on your phone. I tried everything you did, and by delteing enough apps i then got the symbol to go away along with the apparent problem. In the next week though, even though i haven't added any new apps, i would have the same problem come back and like you if I left it then i couldn't recieve messeges. Overall, in the end I had to save the apps I could on my SD card and write down the apps i would have to redownload. There were text messeges i wanted to save but couldnt althought there is an app that will convert you messeges to a text document saved on your sd card to which you could then get on your computer. But back to the solution i had to to a factory restore and then put everything back on after. I have not had any problems since. I hope the same works for you.

Not applicable

Afrank38, I understand that having this error message on your phone can hinder the full use of your phone, so I want to make sure we get this issue resolved. First, the new software version should resolve this issue, but the low space error will also stop the new software from coming thru. What build number do you have in Settings>About phone? The newest version is 4.08.605.2. Please see here for software enhancements here. If you've already tried moving apps to SD, deleting unused applications, clearing emails from trash, etc. then try these steps:

1. Boot into recovery   
    • Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option  
    • When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
  2. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”  
  3. Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”  
  4. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.  
  5. Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.  
  6. Select "Reboot system now"

If you are still getting the error after this and still no updates available, you will need to complete a factory reset. This will erase all data on the device, so you will need to make sure your contacts, pictures and videos are backed up. This will allow you to not only clear the error message, but also install the new update.

tinawoj

I just came back form a local store because I'm tired of this issue.  After meeting with an incredible rude person there I was informed that to resolve the problem I need to keep clearing the data from my applications after I use them.  If not I will continue to have this message appear and continue to have problems and basically not be able to use my phone as a smart phone.

Oh and the factory reset was recommended before I even discussed the problem, and if I hadn't stopped the associate I would have lost all my videos, which I can't transfer off my phone because the sound is not transferring with it.

0 Likes
wcushing1

None of this works and is VERY frustrating!  I have also had this problem for 4 months now. I am using the current upgrades.  I have done the wipe cache like you said.  I have also done the factory reset twice!  Then I called and we tried it again on the phone and it didn't work so they sent me a new phone.  THings were good for a week and now the same problem started again yesterday.  I am deleting things every half an hour and when it pops up no emails get through!  This is CRAZY for a smart phone to do!  WHAT is the solution! 

0 Likes
wcushing1

Lucky you.  It never worked for mine!

0 Likes
wcushing1

I know exactly how you feel!  I wiped mine twice with the factory reset and didn't work so they sent me anew phone and it worked for a week.  Now yesterday I am back to the same old thing.  Why have a smart phone that can do things if it doesn't work?!

0 Likes
psilo

I'm having the same issues. I tried the "wipe cache partition" option. Once the phone rebooted, the "Low on space" error came up right away. I have not done the factory reset but it does not seem to solve the problem for others.

Originally, when I started moving things to the the SD drive and deleting applications the error went away but now it is back and more frequent. I am only using about 1/3 the space on my phone (internal storage: 208MB used, 540MB free).

From time to time I have the update prompt for 4.08.605.2 (my current build is 4.06.605.3). I follow the prompts for a restart and install but phone never restarts and does not install. A manual restart does not update the phone.

In general the phone seems more sluggish now, and my gmail app stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no help.

0 Likes