can't send picture in a text message
kaylynsmom

I'm new to the windows phone and i have taken some pictures and tried to send to various people and it kicks back and says "can't send message-try again" i have made sure i have the area code saved on all my contacts but still can't figure out why i can't send a picture.....any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't send picture in a text message
tuvo

I have the same problem any answers would be helpful Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tuvo

I reset my phone completely and it sent pictures again. But eventually the problem persisted. 

0 Likes
tuvo

Reset a second time and it does not send pictures still. I am calling support to see if i have some sort of block on it.

0 Likes
alee001
Enthusiast - Level 2

To send pictures, you have to have MMS enabled on your phone contract.  My guess is that you perhaps only selected SMS?  To be honest, I would have assumed SMS/MMS was bundled together...but Big Red's got to make a buck.

Also, ensure that you are getting a data connection.  If you only see bars and a 1x, then you're not going to be able to send photos via text message.  You can only send them if you have bars and a 3G.  Activating Wifi doesn't help because Verizon (unlike T-mobile) doesn't offer VOIP services.

Honestly...if it weren't for the fact that Verizon is our corporate provider, I wouldn't even use them for mobile service.  I like how they use the community channels to just let us all vent at each other.  It's brilliant - this way, they don't even have to provide customer support...we do their job for them.

0 Likes