How do you disable "force lock"?
dalemccl

I installed a screen lock program on my DroidX. It is named "Screen Off FX", which one of those widgets that you touch and it has the same effect as a short press on the power button -- turns off the screen and locks the phone.  During installation it asked to enable "force lock".  I agreed since it seems to require it to work.  Now I want to uninstall the app but force lock has to be disabled in order to uninstall it (according to the description in the market).  The uninstall fails, apparently because I have not disabled force lock.

Problem is, I can't find anything in the DX settings to disable "force lock".  Does anyone know how to do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you disable "force lock"?
Wildman
Legend

I cant remember the exact area but look under Settings / Security / Check Device Administrator and uncheck the app from the list....  also if I remember the option will show in uninstall to disable force lock option...

View solution in original post

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried the settings for the app?  I'm not familiar with that app, but I have never heard of something within Android called "force lock".  It almost sounds like a setting within the app for whether or not you want the phone to lock, or just the screen to go black.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I cant remember the exact area but look under Settings / Security / Check Device Administrator and uncheck the app from the list....  also if I remember the option will show in uninstall to disable force lock option...

B33
Legend

Wildman would Doing a Factory Reset Be a Way of Getting Rid of it. B33

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

, that makes sense.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

A hard reset would work but isn't really needed..  I used the app before and ran into a issue with uninstalling a while back and identified the option to disable this feature....   After reporting this bug to the developer they added the option to disable this feature when the app is installed but the directory I gave should be the correct way to disable feature without uninstalling..

0 Likes
dalemccl

Thanks Wildman.  That worked.  "Settings/Location and Security/Select device administrators" showed the app as an administrator.  Un-checking it allowed me to uninstall the app.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Now that's some cool stars i guess you get them with a Correct Answer. I guess i just needed the Correct Answer Aw!   B33... Better luck next Time!

0 Likes