Spacebar freezes while texting or FB
kingpin8278
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone had a problem with the spacebar freezing while you're texting or on Facebook?  The spacebar will freeze, then you can't see anything you are typing, and it jumps back to the previous screen.  I've tried to run a virus scan, I've deleted any unused programs, and tried restarting the phone and even taking the battery out and making sure there's not dust in the phone, and wiped off the screen to make sure there wasn't something on the screen that would make it freeze up.  Getting very frustrating since I use the phone for work for e-mails and text messaging.  Hope someone can help!  Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Spacebar freezes while texting or FB
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Vereyzuhn, for your suggestions. In addition to these suggestions, a resolution could be to download a free keyboard application. You would simply go to the Market and do a keyword search on "Keyboard." 

Please let us know if the information provided is helpful. Thanks very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Make sure vibrate/sound on keypress is not enabled. Go into your Settings -- Applications -- Manage applications -- Select your keyboard and texting app, and select Clear Cache.

0 Likes
mikestanek1

I got mine to work now, but i'm not sure if it will break again or not.  i hate gingerbread. it ruined my kik app and led indicator light

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

mikestanek1 wrote:

I got mine to work now, but i'm not sure if it will break again or not.  i hate gingerbread. it ruined my kik app and led indicator light

The fix for the LED light is to clear the Cache of your texting and email apps.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Vereyzuhn, for your suggestions. In addition to these suggestions, a resolution could be to download a free keyboard application. You would simply go to the Market and do a keyword search on "Keyboard." 

Please let us know if the information provided is helpful. Thanks very much!

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
Go into settings then go into language and keyboard. At the bottom is keyboard settings. Click that and scroll to the bottom and click clear learned words... works every time.
0 Likes
xiola
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem and it has been driving me totally nuts.  I restored defaults twice, thinking it was an app that was causing it.  I even called tech support and they said to restore defaults and see if it was a hardware problem or if it was an app causing it.  I finally broke down and took it to the Verizon store and the guy said, "Oh, yeah, ever since they upgraded the OS, you have to turn off the word prediction or it does that." 

SIMPLE fix!  Just go into Settings>Language & Keyboard>Multi-touch keyboard  and then uncheck Next Word Prediction.

That's it.  Don't restore defaults, clear cache, or any of that other stuff.  Simple, works immediately.

0 Likes