Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got Verizon to agree to give me my $$$ back for the Droid Razr.  Full month, no working phone.  Please.  Heading to the store now to get my account credited.  AND my contract ripped up.  Forget this.  Back to my Droid X 3g until this is all worked out

0 Likes
ereddish

Looks like 4G is back up in Raleigh, NC.

0 Likes
ombudsman

Service is slowly being restored.  I had the misfortune of purchasing a new 4G telephone yesterday.  It has been over 15 hours and my mobile phone has not yet been activated.  I suggest calling customer service at 800-922-0204.  

0 Likes
kryptykk

Still no 4G in Albany NY. Verizon really needs to work on their PR. Not even a statement? At least acknowledge there is a problem, do you really expect your paying customers to not notice??

0 Likes
rew1000

This morning (December 29) I had 4G in Annandale Virginia and during commute to Maryland (Greenbelt) through DC. Only 3G service in Maryland though (as of 10:40 Eastern).

0 Likes
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

4G appears to be working around the Chicago area, but upload speeds are slower than what I usually see.

During the last outage, once Verizon annouced service had been restored, I was still stuck with solid 3G service.  I rebooted my Bionic, and it came back with 4g.  Suggest this again for anyone still on 3g.

0 Likes
Crawlnstall
I've been lucky enough and haven't seen any 4G issues in the Provo/Orem Utah area. *Knock on wood* however, if I had significant 4G down time I would call customer service and refuse to get off of the phone until I received some sort of acceptable reimbursement for all the crap thats been going on. I would not take this and would not take the simple 'we are working on it' or 'its a phone issue' answer. There is always someone higher up in the company to talk to. Trust me, I used to have a phone job in customer service
0 Likes
serv077

No 3g or 4g service in San Jose for a day and a half!!!!! Switched to weeks ago from sprint, bad mistake on my part. Never had issues with sprint. Worse part is verizon wont even come out with a statement letting its customers know what the problem and when they expect to get it fixed. 

0 Likes
chadamski

My mom and I both just upgraded to 4G smartphones. I got mine activated on the 26th, but then noticed that 3G would disappear and come back intermittently. (I'm not in a 4G coverage area right now, but I will be when I go back to school.) The same thing was happening to my mom's phone, which was activated (albeit with some trouble) on the 27th. We're in Ohio. Is Verizon still claiming that 3G service is unaffected by these most recent outages? I don't understand how it could do that. If the problem is restricted to 3G access on 4G phones, fine. But it would be nice to get the truth about the situation.

0 Likes
Aaron_Innes

No data service AT ALL in Portland OR. No 3G OR 4G. This is getting a little ridiculous...this isn't the service I have come to expect (or pay for) from Verizon.

0 Likes