Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
PBCimm

Dave-in-decatur:

"This post makes a reference to this article, which has an explanation about why 4G service can be intermittent. It doesn't address the kind of system-wide outages we're seeing; but the now-and-then loss of signal may be due to authentication problems between phones and the network. It's a short article and pretty easy to follow; worth a read."

which article are you referring to?  PM me.  CSRs won't respond on here but the Mods are overzealous in redacting...

0 Likes
fatasian

Seattle has been down for a couple hours. #sadtrombone

0 Likes
ljnisly
No data service in Berne, IN. 30 miles south of Ft Wayne
0 Likes
ProfBiglow

Still out here in Jax, FL...at least with my phone.  Hearing from Droid Charge users that they still have 4G service.  What the bleep?  Why is this TBolts (again)...and why did they pass a stupid patch on Dec. 21.  The day of the last outage?

0 Likes
starfire214

Verizon needs to get their head out of their{word filter avoidance} and deal with this problem!!!!  There are just too many people with their service and yet we do not get service. I believe they don't have a clue as to how to fix this 3G/4G problem.  They are just trying to by time.  They just told me that it "may" be because there are alot of people who just got 4G phones and  it is taking away from the service.  WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smileymad:

0 Likes
Phamaximus

I'm in Long Beach, CA. Both the 4G and 3G were down at about 10:30 am. The 3G was sometimes on, but stopped working after a few minutes. I called customer service. All i heard was ads ads and ads. 

0 Likes
JDI423

Wow.....this is what we pay for....4G LTE no service since morning.....intermediate connections in 3G and dropping off in San Jose. All day long I am having this problem.

What a pathetic way to pay for these Greedy Corporations?

0 Likes
PBCimm

oh look at that...i mention redaction and the links "magically" work again... too bad it shows [ Edited ] next to the subject line..and i know i didn't edit my own post...

0 Likes
Zizzy77

Just purchased a new phone yesterday paid extra for a next day charge and now i cant even use my new phone. I can't even use my old phone. Extremely Dissapointed

0 Likes
geminitx

4G services seem to be restored in Houston, TX as of 15 minutes ago. Will continue to monitor to see if it stays up. YAY!

0 Likes