Blocking unwanted text messages on your iphone 4
jesseflgrl

I have gone to the block messages section and have entered the number in but for some reason with the iPhone 4 & iPhone 4s it doesn't see to want to block text messages - it will block unwanted calls. 

does anyone know why this is happening?

it worked just fine on my blackberry but not the iPhone.

any help would be great...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking unwanted text messages on your iphone 4
Spiral
Master - Level 1

jesseflgrl wrote:

I have gone to the block messages section and have entered the number in but for some reason with the iPhone 4 & iPhone 4s it doesn't see to want to block text messages - it will block unwanted calls. 

does anyone know why this is happening?

it worked just fine on my blackberry but not the iPhone.

any help would be great...

Could it be that those unwanted messages are coming from another iPhone user (via iMessage)?  That would mean the message would be a data message and possibly not be filtered by the Verizon blocking system.

0 Likes
jesseflgrl

good point yes it was imessage. I have turned that off lets see if that works. if I turn that setting off will i still be able to text message others that have imessage?

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

jesseflgrl wrote:

good point yes it was imessage. I have turned that off lets see if that works. if I turn that setting off will i still be able to text message others that have imessage?

You should be able to still text message others, but unfortunately, you will not be able to utilize the iMessage (data) benefit to reduce your text count.  If you have an unlimited texting plan then there is no problem.