Re: Possible Kin TWOm problem?
Not applicable

I am sorry that your phone is turning off when you get a text message.  I can understand why you would be upset.  Is there any physical or water damage done to the phone?  Are you having any other issues with the device?  Have you tried a master reset on the phone?   Here are the steps to do a master reset if you have not done so:

Master Reset
Tap Settings
Tap About Your phone
Tap Erase Phone Data

Tap to erase all your personal data from the phone. This is a drastic measure as it erases all your sign-in information, settings, contacts, favorites, photos, videos, music, and
messages from your phone. You will be asked to confirm.

If you have done the master reset and the issues are still persistent then please PM your name and number and I can see what options I have for you.  I hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Carmethius

I also have had nothing but goodluck with this phone until yesterday. The backlight will not illuminate if set on auto nor will the screen lock while I am on the phone which leads to very annoying cheek dialing for the other person.

0 Likes
velocipedist

My Kin TWOm shuts off every hour it seems.  I would start wondering why there is no calls or texts and I look and of course it's turned off.  I  went to Verizon store, they did a software update but it did not help.  It's so frustrating.  How do I get a replacement?

0 Likes
Not applicable

velocipedist wrote:

My Kin TWOm shuts off every hour it seems.  I would start wondering why there is no calls or texts and I look and of course it's turned off.  I  went to Verizon store, they did a software update but it did not help.  It's so frustrating.  How do I get a replacement?

Velocipedist, I can certainly understand why you would be frustrated when finding your phone randomly turned off. If you haven't already, I  would suggest a master reset for this issue first. Please see the steps in Sam's link above. If you are still having this issue, we can replace the device either by sending me a PM with your name & number, calling 800-922-0204 or visiting a corporate store. 

0 Likes
nicknv

My son's kin two will not boot up. It has the backlight with the black screen. I have removed the battery and tried to start it again with no luck. I have even used another battery from my daughter's phone and that didn't help. The Verizon store wants to replace with a comparable item but there is not one as far as I am concerned in the basic phones. Can they at least send it off to get it repaired or am I stuck with a junk basic phone to replace it?

0 Likes
TheRealJeepera

My wife has had the same problems reported hear and my solution (that not always, but would usually work) was to remove the battery and reinstall.  That only works randomly now and most of the time, it will just decide when to work and when not to work.  I read an earlier reply to perform a master reboot, and would love to try it IF I could get the phone working again.  (Kind of hard to do anything when all you have is a back-lite black screen.)  We've complained to Verizon, but no solutions.  We were actually told by a rep last week to "get online and there might be a software update", hence my searching for, and finding this forum.  My greatest regret is not pushing this problem further with Verizon a while back when the problem was only intermittent and the phone was under warranty, rather then now when it happens a lot and the phone is out of warranty.

0 Likes