Downloaded ringtone won't save to my phone?
Glows1982

I just purchased a new ringtone for my Droid 2 Global and it was sent through a text message to my phone.  When I open up the text message and try to save the audio by pressing down on it with my thumb, it gives me a message saying "error saving attachment."  Is there a way to re-download the ringtone to my phone, or have it re-sent?  I paid for it and want to be able to use it but it won't let me save it on my phone.  It does play just fine though in the text message attachment.  I have also tried to power down my phone, leaving it off for a little bit, and power it back on to no avail.  Thanks!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Downloaded ringtone won't save to my phone?
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi again, Glows1982! I can help with the ringtones issue you're experiencing. First I need to ask you a question: Where did you purchase the tone? Was it from Verizon or another source? The reason I'm asking is because you want to make sure that the tone format is compatible with your handset. Can you advise? Thanks!

0 Likes
BabyWolfey

FOR THE GENERAL PROBLEM  OF NOT BEING ABLE TO SAVE ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS PICTURES, AND MUSIC(RINGTONES) BEING SENT VIA SMS(TEXT MESSAGES). IS A VERY COMMON KNOWN PROBLEM WITH THE ANDROID OS. TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IS VERY EASY...

TIHNGS YOU WILL NEED : YOUR ANDROID DEVICE, USB CABLE TO PLUG TO THE COMPUTER, AND COMPUTER.

***sd card must be installed on your phone...

1. CONNECT ANDROID DEVICE TO COMPUTER VIA USB>PROGRAM YOUR PHONE AS USB MASS STORAGE> WINDOW SHOULD POP UP ON COMPUTER.  MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SD DOCUMENTS BY COPYING EVERYTHING TO A FOLDER ON YOUR COMPUTER(FOLDER SHOULD BE ACCESSIBLE). ONCE THATS DONE.

2. GO TO SETTINGS> STORAGE>UNMOUNT SD CARD> ERASE SD CARD/FORMAT. ONCE CARD IS FORMATTED. MOUNT SD CARD, AND COPY ALL THE FILES BACK INTO YOUR COMPUTER(TIME WILL BE NEEDED DEPENDING ON THE SIZE AND HOW MUCH SUTFF YOU HAVE ON YOUR SD CARD.)

3. LET MEDIA SCANNER RUN, ONCE DONE, GO TO MESSAGES> PRESS & HOLD ON THE PICTURE OR RINGTONE YOUR TRYING TO SAVE, AND CLICK ON SAVE/SAVE ATTACHMENT TO SD CARD.

IT SHOULD WORK, IT DID FOR ME, I WAS GOING CRAZY FOR A WHILE, CALLED LG AND TMOBILE AND NO HELP. UNTIL I DECIDED TO DO IT AND IT WORKED. HOPE IT WORKS.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A post in all Capital letters equals Internet yelling. Tone it down please.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes