Re: Calendar Not Syncing With Google
ddrew12345

I have a Samsung Charge. 

I have had this problem 2 times now. The 1st time I reset my
phone and lost all my apps, notes etc... I did not have the problem again until
2 or 3 weeks after re-installing an application I had on my phone the
1st time I had the problem.           (3 months
later)  This time I noticed it was an application I paid for and
downloaded for the 2nd time that was causing the problem. The App is called (Backup
to Gmail from Cpedia mobile)

I had to go to the Android Market downloads page ( The
application on my phone) and type in Google calendar for the app to pop up
again  (Backup to Gmail) then select uninstall. After it was
uninstalled I went to my Google calendar selected calendar sync then
backup all calendars then sync now. Presto everything works again. My calendar
syncs both directions again.

0 Likes
whereizben

Hi,

Your reply seemed to work for the Exchange calendars, but I still have the exact same issue with the Google Calendars - the stock calendar will only display her primary calendar, even though other calendar widgets show that many other calendars seem to be available (but none will actually display them). There is no Calendar Sync Adapter app to reset, and reseting both Calendar and Calendar Storage does nothing at all to help. Please help, as we very much want to be able to show the other Google Calendars on her phone, and having to do a factory reset seems ridiculous.

Thanks!

Ben

0 Likes
louise3000

Take a look at an app called Missing Sync for Android and the free app which accompanies it, called Fliq Calendar.  You can then sync with wifi (or bluetooth), I've always used wifi.  It's been pretty reliable.

Louise

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

whereizben wrote:

Hi,

Your reply seemed to work for the Exchange calendars, but I still have the exact same issue with the Google Calendars - the stock calendar will only display her primary calendar, even though other calendar widgets show that many other calendars seem to be available (but none will actually display them). There is no Calendar Sync Adapter app to reset, and reseting both Calendar and Calendar Storage does nothing at all to help. Please help, as we very much want to be able to show the other Google Calendars on her phone, and having to do a factory reset seems ridiculous.

Thanks!

Ben

I would like to help whereizben!

I have a few questions to get a better understanding of the situation.  Are you trying to add other Google Calendars that are associated with the current Google account on your Charge already, or are these Google Calendars that are associated with a different Google account?  If they are calendars from the same, you can sync these calendars by pressing the "menu" key from within the Calendar view > touch "Settings" > touch "Calendars" > and choose which calendars you wish to display.

Now, if the other Google calendars are from a different Google account(s), not yet added to your accounts on your Charge, then you can add the account(s) by pressing the "menu" key (from within the Calendar) > touch "Settings" > touch "Calendar sync" > touch "Add account" > touch "Google" > touch "Sign In" > and sign in with the Google account username & password of the Google calendar account you're wanting to add.  The last screen during this process will bring you to a "Data & synchronization" screen with options to sync 1) Sync Contacts 2) Sync Gmail 3) Sync Calendar; if it's only the calendar you're wishing to sync, then only check "Sync Calendar".  Select "Finish" and you'll have the option, as in the first step, to choose the calendars you wish to display in the calendar "Settings".

I hope I've answered your questions, and have addressed your concerns.

0 Likes