Re: Droid 3 Automatically Restarts
sampson4455
Enthusiast - Level 2

U can do what u want take gmail out apps out but u still have problem it is in the software wifi is the biggest issue but verizon is not big enough too tell phone co too fix the problem it wants  to blame  someone else for the problem like you

0 Likes
tapnet

Yes... my issue is as follows; I turn my phone off (power button), and it starts back up on it's own. Sometimes it does this and somethings it doesn't. Typically when I power it down the second time it stays off. FYI: I have WiFi disabled.

0 Likes
DVP3101

Can we get a timeline on the new update that will fix this issue?

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@tapnet,

Have you checked to see if you have the most current SW version on your Droid 3? The most current SW version is 5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US.  If you do not have the most current SW version click here for steps on how to update.

If you have the correct SW try placing your device in Safe Mode and see if this still happens. If the auto restarts stop then the issue is with a third party application that was downloaded on the phone. You would then need to remove the downloaded application one at a time until you find the one causing the issue. 

If the above doesn't help the next step would be a hard reset

Post back if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help. 

0 Likes
njfiddler

In trying Safe Mode, I shut the phone off and waited...sure enough, it started up again on its own....but not in Safe Mode (which I assume is the expected behavior).

I'm not sure this problem is worth all the hassle of a hard reset, but would welcome hearing if others users find apps that clear up the problem when they are uninstalled.

0 Likes
kafkaesque

duplication, deleted

0 Likes
kafkaesque

This has been a recurring problem since I got my phone.  I have the most current SW on my Droid 3 and have not installed any apps.

My phone turned itself on last week while I was at a taping of a TV show.  Fortunately, it was buried in my handbag beneath my coat.  And last night, the phone restarted twice last night while at a Broadway play. (After the first time, I placed my phone on silent so I would not be humiliated when it turned on again.)

So are you still suggesting I need to do a hard reset? 

Ellen

0 Likes
cannot restart droid 3
jazz2jazz

My droid3 which was charged suddenly turned off and would not restart. I attached phone to recharger with not effect.

0 Likes
SameerS

Just got mine on 12/15 and is rebooting. Didn't reboot for 2 days, then rebooted 5 times in the last 2 hours.

0 Likes
thetruth72

I also have an issue with a restarting droid 3. Been through 2 of them and the same problem exists. Happens frequently enough. I'm starting to regret not switching phones or getting a full refund when I had the chance. Could have waited like a month and got the Bionic when it came out and had not only dual core but also 4G. Dirty move selling that and not telling me what was coming. Extra dirty.

0 Likes