Problem sending MMS/Picture messages
Argonax
Enthusiast - Level 1
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem:

I'm finding that if i try to send someone a picture message along with a typed message, as soon as i hit send i get a little message saying its converting and then it just stays stuck on "sending". It never actually sends the message.

I realized this two days later when a friend said they had not received my text. I resent the picture without a typed message and then they suddenly received BOTH pictures (the original with the message and the new one).

Sounds like a weird software to me? Any thoughts?
Re: Problem sending MMS/Picture messages
kissablyperfect
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also having a problem sending MMS messages.  However, I'm having the problem whether I have text or not.  It just gets stuck on sending and doesn't ever send.  I need this fixed ASAP.

kissablyperfect
Enthusiast - Level 1

I possibly just figured out how to make them send when they are stuck.  I have to restart the phone and then eventually the picture messages that were stuck sending will actually send.  For such an expensive and high-tech phone, you'd think this wouldn't be necessary.  Maybe they'll come out with a better solution for this problem soon.  I used to have this problem with my HTC Incredible but I thought getting a new phone would improve the problem.  Apparently not...  Wish there was some way to auto restart my phone every night so I wouldn't have these problems.  I keep my phone on ALL the time and I guess it just needs to be restarted sometimes.

ThePiombino
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you using the native app?  If so, try Handcent- LOADS of options and features.  Just make sure to disable notifications on the native app so that you don't have to manage two messaging apps.

0 Likes
btvspreppy

I've had this problem, and the only way I know to fix it is to turn off wifi and switch to CDMA only.  You can then download the messages that won't download and send the ones that won't send.  After they go through, you can switch to LTE/CDMA again and turn on wifi.  If you ever turn off your mobile data again you need to repeat the process.  I really hope they patch it soon because this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
migstar

I am having the same problem. Having to restart to send MMS messages. I realize this may not be Verizon's fault and it may be attributed to ICS; however, I am hoping to find help anywhere.

0 Likes
wgbeatty

The issue does seem to be specific to wi-fi...at least for me. I've switched wi-fi off, and the mms messages are usually sent normally. I think perhaps once or twice they were not, but that could have just been where I was in the network.

Messages should go either way, so hopefully this is patched soon.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue. I can understand that it would be frustrating to have to try multiple times to send the same message. I have a Nexus myself and tried with a few other Nexus' here and was not able to duplicate the issue. Since there are multiple people having this issue, I will escalate this issue to our product team to further investigate this issue. I will need more details to troubleshoot. Do you notice this only happening in a certain location? Does it happen when picking up 3G, 4G or both? Do you get an error message or what exactly happens when trying to send MMS? Does this happen only when the signal is low, or with full signal?

Also, try removing the battery and SIM card for about 30 seconds. Toggle airplane mode and network mode for a few seconds, then retest.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
gripweed

I am also having this same issue.

Mine started when I turned data off one day (to see how long the battery would last without it). Once I turned data back on, I haven't been able to send a MMS. I went and cleared the cache and data from my messaging app (handscent) and it worked once. The next day it was back to not being able to send MMS.

0 Likes
gripweed

Edit: I went and toggled to LTE (I normally keep it CDMA since we don't have much 4G coverage to begin with), the phone automatically rebooted itself.

After it rebooted, I was able to send an MMS.

I then turned it back to CDMA only, turned wifi back on, and then could not send MMS. Turned wifi off, still couldn't. Toggled LTE on still couldn't.

I turned LTE on, Wifi off, rebooted, and MMS works.

Seems to be an LTE thing, not WIFI. Phone needs to be booted in LTE mode in order to send MMS.....probably a glitch in ICS.

0 Likes