MiFi 4510L and Xbox Live Nat issues help
childsremix

I recently picked up a MiFi 4510L for the sole purpose of playing xbox live for a couple of hours on the weekends. Im having issues with xbox live telling me that the NAT is not open.  Any idea how to open up the NAT on the device, I did try portfowarding the xbox live ports but no luck there. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L and Xbox Live Nat issues help
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

It's NOT going to work because VZW's firewall is BLOCKING IT UNLESS the Xbox has a NAT punch-through method/protocol.

You are getting a WAN IP of 10.x.x.x from VZW on 4G NAT'ed already by VZW behind a VZW firewall/NAT aggregation router/cluster in your local market.

Right now you CANNOT get a public WAN IP on LTE from VZW UNLESS you pay $500 and it's a enterprise/corporate solution which requires special engineering/setup and one needs to contact VZW enterprise sales. Sorry for the kid playing Xbox.

0 Likes
childsremix
Just so I understand this correctly this is a limitation on VZW not allowing open NAT unless you get the enterprise account. It won't matter if I exchange my Novatel for the Samsung MiFi.
I can get on Xbox Live it just warns me that my NAT is set to moderate and some games (I.e. Halo Reach) will take longer to find matches because of the settings.
0 Likes
WildcatCop

I have a MiFi 4510L 4G I connect to Xbox Live with. I also got the warning that my NAT was set to moderate. You can still connect and play online with chat. After connecting several times I stopped getting the warning and have had no issues at all.

I tried to find settings to adjust the NAT but I couldn't locate any. I believe it is a setting by Verizon's network that we can't adjust.

0 Likes
relady

Does anyone know how to connect the xbox 360  with a wireless adapter to the MiFi 4510L. Verizon help tells me they don't think you can connect. It is asking for a WPA2 passphrase. The ID # off the Mifi does not work for that. Also when this is in use on the Verizon wireless does it use a lot of our useage limits of 5GB. Anyway of getting around the excessive use. 

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

relady wrote:

Does anyone know how to connect the xbox 360  with a wireless adapter to the MiFi 4510L. Verizon help tells me they don't think you can connect. It is asking for a WPA2 passphrase. The ID # off the Mifi does not work for that. Also when this is in use on the Verizon wireless does it use a lot of our useage limits of 5GB. Anyway of getting around the excessive use. 

Does the WIreless Adapter you have support WPA2, I am thinking not you might want to come down a level like to WPA, or worst case scenarion WEP.  Then you should be able to connect, however you will still have the NAT3 Issue

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

To get a stable NAT from Strict you will need a WIFI as a WAN router example like th MBR95 or MBR1400, it will allow you to customerize the settings to allow NAT

http://3gstore.com/product/3029_cradlepoint_mbr95.html

0 Likes