Mobile hotspot. Losing 3g data droid x2
Daddyforty
I am soooo irritated with my 3g network connection dropping randomly. I decided to get the mobile hotspots so I could use it on my laptop. It works find for five minutes or so. Then my 3g icon disappears then comes back on. The pages on my internet hang..I then have to tether using USB and it sometimes works again then eventually stops.
Here is what I have done to try and resolve the issue.
1. Rename the ssid name and password. Restart the computer and it sometimes works. Usually ended up saying no internet connection or limited connection.

2. *228 sometimes fixes the issue for five minutes then its back to the issues.

3. Settings --Battery & Data Manager--Data delivery-- all top three boxes checked. Worked the first time.

4. Uninstalled all applications. Didn't help.

5. Factory reset phone. Didn't help. Same issues.

6. Finally took my phone back to best buy and exchanged it for another one. I though for sure this would fix it. It had to. According to Verizon technical support the phone had to be defective. Guess what ..same **bleep** issue.

7. I was told then that the problem was for sure the latest update. He told me they were sending out another update to fix this issue. He said I would be getting the update soon. I took off the hotspots feature cause I wasn't going to pay for services I don't use.

8. Today I finally got the update for my phone. I immediately called Verizon and I had them give me the hotspot back.

9. After five minutes....I had no more 3g/ internet. Same **bleep** problem.....

Does anyone have any ideas? Please help me...
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile hotspot. Losing 3g data droid x2
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Daddyforty, thanks for posting!

I hear and understand your frustrations with losing 3G signal using Mobile Hotspot!  I am happy to assist.

I see you've gone through extensive troubleshooting, including replacing your device and upgrading the software, but still having the same 3G signal issue.  Seems there is another factor causing the signal issue.  Where are you using the mobile hotspot feature, in your home / at work / indoors / floor?  Have you tested the hotspot in different locations, if so what did you experience?

Please let me know so I can further investigate; this may be something I would need to escalate to our network engineers.

0 Likes
ewagner

I have been having the exact same problem. My DroidX stays up in hotspot mode for a few minutes, then the 3G starts cutting in and out. Sometimes it comes back, sometimes not. Most of the time I need to kill and restart the hotspot. Sometimes I need to reboot the phone. I have tried pretty much everything the original poster tried. Nothing is helping. I am on 2.3.3 latest build and would LOVE to have someone actually give me useful help. Thanks.

0 Likes
pilotdave01
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is all exactly my scenario, except my DX has not been replace, VZ says i need to buy a new phone!

0 Likes
Jsmithjr

I have been having the same problem with my x2, i have had my phone replaced numerous times, done factory resets, updates, changed channels, it doesnt matter what i do, i constantly lose 3g hotspot wherever i am at, i travel all over the U.S. and even in cities like chicago, i still loose it. am ready to give up on verizon totally

0 Likes
Jsmithjr

I have been having the same problem with my x2, i have had my phone replaced numerous times, done factory resets, updates, changed channels, it doesnt matter what i do, i constantly lose 3g hotspot wherever i am at, i travel all over the U.S. and even in cities like chicago, i still loose it. am ready to give up on verizon totally

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for sharing your concerns with your device losing data connection when using the mobile hotspot. I understand how important the mobile hotspot is because I use my own device to tether daily. It sounds like you all have been thru quite a bit of troubleshooting through factory resets, replacement devices and used in multiple areas to make sure this is not a location issue. I have reported this issue to our product team so that we can further investigate this issue. I would also suggest contacting technical support at 800-922-0204 option 3 for technical support and opening a trouble ticket so our network team can investigate if there are any network issues causing the signal to drop. 

0 Likes
Bobbiep

I too am experiencing hotspot hangup issues!  I truly hope that Verizon will get this fixed NOW!

0 Likes
Aleavitt630
Wow i have this same problem ans it is so frustrating bc all i want to do is use it. Paying money for something that never stays on more than 5 mins! ! This better not happen with my new htc rezound but i am not getting my hopes up. I called many times and they just cant help me. My friend has a atnt phone n it never drops! Just sayin
0 Likes
mainexplorer

I have a HTC Thunderbolt and my hotspot keeps dropping Data connectivity.. I also pay 29.99 a month for a service that i can't use like advertise.  I have also called Verizon, gone into a Verizon store, even switched phones back when I was under the return policy days. I have been told they dont know why I keep loosing data connection. I also am on old grand fathered customer and have unlimited data plan... So I am paynig twice to use the internet on my laptop.

I even have tried to use a USB cord to connect my Thunderbolt to my ACER laptop and I instantly loose my 3G service and will not come back. I keep getting a message that a program called BOOTSTRAP.EXE wants to run on laptop when I plug my phone it to it.. Its really funny how Verizon can't tell me why this keeps poping up.. They even switched me to HTC telling me that its an HTC program wanting to run. HTC then tells me that its nothing on the HTC phone that its Verizon.. Kidding me??? Verizon cant even owen up to this either. I have read forums and the BOOTSTRAP.EXE has something to do with the Verizon VCAST program on your phone.. I have to unplug my phone and shut it off and then back on to get 3g back and sometimes that does not work..  I can't believe Verizon can not own up to this porblem and tell their customers we are aware of this porblem and working on it.

I think its time I give my Lawyer a call and see if there is anything they can do for me. Maybe false advertisement or even breaking the contract of providing reliable service to the customer.  Verizon is advertising Hotspot like there is no issues with it. But we the customers, that have it and  have been calling and <word filter> about this from day one they started this service know there is an issue with it.. I dont think its right they get away with this!!!. Maybe a class action suit is in order?!?!?!?!?!?!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes