No 3G, No 4G--Incredibly Frustrated!
mrodimer8

At some point this morning, I lost my 4G signal and haven't been able to get 3g or 4g since. I've tried rebooting, reprogramming via *228, activating and deactivating data packet. I've tried going in and out of airplane mode and switching between LTE and CDMA. There's been a couple times where, upon rebooting, the 3G logo showed in my status bar but almost immediately disappeared and the 3G signal didn't actually work anyway.  I know it isn't a tower issue because my girlfriend's iPhone is having no such issues plus it began when I was at work..almost 45 miles from my home where I connect through different towers.

I've been trying to find a solution to this problem but I've seemingly tried everything. I'm hoping it isn't my antenna going but at this point I don't know what else it could be? Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: No 3G, No 4G--Incredibly Frustrated!
justme568

I'm having the same problem. My 3G connection will turn on, then immediately turn off. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I had this issue while trying to activate my Rezound last night, try going on to https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/services/activatePhone.action and reactivate from here.  

0 Likes
erikaccx

I have a 4G phone, the Samsung Stratosphere, and I'm not even getting 3G. It will randomly turn on for a split second, and I will get like an email or a facebook notification, and when I try to go to it it says no internet connection. I can't even connect to my WiFi. This is really annoying.

0 Likes
airforcewife628

The same thing is happening to my phone. Two days after I updated, the 4g dropped and I don't have an internet connection unless I turn on my wifi.

0 Likes
BigByk

The exact same thing happened to me three days after updating. If I turn the phone off and then on again I get a few seconds of 4G or 3G then it disconnects.  I ran through a lot of possible solutions with VZW customer service which did not work. They told me to go into a local VZW store and get a new SIM card and see if that works.  I will do that later today. I will post the results later today.

airforcewife628 wrote:

The same thing is happening to my phone. Two days after I updated, the 4g dropped and I don't have an internet connection unless I turn on my wifi.

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

no data for me either - and I did NOT get the update (updated manually last week with a custom ROM)

0 Likes
PhillipDampier

Yes, this problem started for me in Rochester, NY this morning.  Either 4G or 3G, the icon only pops up for a few seconds and then disappears, with no wireless data service at all.  Tried rebooting -- same thing.  Wi-Fi is the only wireless service working consistently. 

I wonder if this is a broader network problem.

0 Likes
PhillipDampier

mrodimer8 wrote:

At some point this morning, I lost my 4G signal and haven't been able to get 3g or 4g since. I've tried rebooting, reprogramming via *228,

I was warned at least three times by different VZW reps last summer to never do *228 on the Charge because it screws up the 4G SIM card.  I'm not sure exactly why, but in-store and phone reps reminded me repeatedly, without prompting.

0 Likes
DanV

I have been experiencing the same thing since yesterday afternoon.  I called Verizon last night and they didn't know of any problems with the network.  I had 3G and 4G for a while this morning, but it's gone again now.  

My coworker with an Incredible also only had 1X all afternoon yesterday.  

0 Likes