Re: Refurbished replacement phones
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

reallyniceguy wrote:
I would call motorola directly. Thats where the phone comes from anyways? Whats the point of cancelling verizon, going to att and getting a motorola atrix by the same manufacturer? Im sure as soon as the nexus comes out, there will be unsatisfied people. Just like with any other phone.

This is the kind of response that I just don't understand. The problem with the Bionic is not the typical complaint about some tlittle thing with a phone. THIS PHONE DOES NOT DO WHAT IT ISUPPOSED TO. It has nothing to do with wanting a Nexus, or the fact that there are always people complaining about one little thing or another. I am not a complainer, but I am yelling as loud as I can on the Internet that his phone does not work. Motorola made it, but Verizon sold it to me. The problem may be the phone, but it could also be the network. I have to complain to the company that sold me the phone, since that is who has my contract and is taking my money. If you read the Moto forums they are not helping anyone either.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Joey301 wrote:

reallyniceguy wrote:
I would call motorola directly. Thats where the phone comes from anyways? Whats the point of cancelling verizon, going to att and getting a motorola atrix by the same manufacturer? Im sure as soon as the nexus comes out, there will be unsatisfied people. Just like with any other phone.

This is the kind of response that I just don't understand. The problem with the Bionic is not the typical complaint about some tlittle thing with a phone. THIS PHONE DOES NOT DO WHAT IT ISUPPOSED TO. It has nothing to do with wanting a Nexus, or the fact that there are always people complaining about one little thing or another. I am not a complainer, but I am yelling as loud as I can on the Internet that his phone does not work. Motorola made it, but Verizon sold it to me. The problem may be the phone, but it could also be the network. I have to complain to the company that sold me the phone, since that is who has my contract and is taking my money. If you read the Moto forums they are not helping anyone either.

Microsoft makes the Xbox 360, and BestBuy sold it to you... Who do you complain to?

The contract you signed is to recoup the amount of money they spent for you to get the device YOU CHOSE.  If you paid outright for the device would you still have the same complaint?

Manufacturers have been given a free pass everytime because people think this way, but in all honesty it's manufacturers that need to get things done from the get go.

0 Likes
Bionic_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate to be negative, from your point of view, but the Bionic does exactly what it is supposed to do for me and many other users. I have not experienced the problems you mentioned.

I am sorry you have had such a horrible experience with this phone, but have you considered that you might be one of a small group of people having major issues with the phone when compared to all the Bionics sold? Just because there are many people on this forum complaining about the phone doesn't mean everyone is complaining. 

There are so many variables to be taken into account when using bleeding edge technology - and this is bleeding edge. Not only have you been moved to a new 4G LTE Network, but there is also the added complexity of providing a radio for 3G compatibility. Add in the dual processor and the variability of available networks and you have a very complex environment. It is possible that a confluence of factors are causing your problems. I'm glad I don't have to troubleshoot the issues.

We have 3 Bionics in the family and each has experienced the Black Screen of Death once. Otherwise, they have been rock-solid.

My daughter did switch from a BB Storm which she had to replace no fewer than 8 times. Each time Verizon shipped her a refurbished phone that worked for a while but ultimately died the same death. Sometimes you need to place blame where it is needed - on the hardware manufacturer.

0 Likes