1 2 3 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2012 8:33 AM by mcktheknf Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 10. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
        JohnB_VZW

I apologize to everyone for the confusion regarding this matter. The LG Revere does not have a removable memory slot so you can not save the pictures to a memory card and then transfer to your computer.

@dasilva,

You can send the pictures on your phone to your online album via a picture message and then upload to your computer. Unfortunately you can only send one picture at a time. If you do not have a messaging plan you will be billed $0.25 per picture message sent. If you have a lot of pictures you can add the $5.00 messaging plan to your line for a month and it will allow you 250 messages for that month. This may be cheaper then paying the per message charge depending on the amount of pictures you will be sending. 

Once you have sent the pictures to your online album you can access these pictures as follows:

1. Sign into your My Verizon account

2. Under the My Verizon tab click on Send a Picture/Video

3. Here you will see all the pictures you sent to your online album

The added value of the online album is that you can store up to 75 pictures and it's free. If you want more storage space you can get unlimited storage for only $1.99 a month.

I hope this information has been helpful.

• 11. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
          Moosechaser

I ran into the same problem.  The usb cable did not work to transfer photos.  The answer for me was Bluetooth: I set my macbook pro's Bluetooth in discoverable mode, then had the phone find the computer.  This did not happen the first time I tried it -- it took 3 attempts for the devices to identify each other.  After they finally connected, the process for sending photo files en masse was:

settings and tools > Bluetooth Menu > choose your computer on the list > Send Picture > mark the photos that you want sent to your computer > done

hope this helps.

• 12. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
            acraftylady

Gahunter wrote:

I'd like to know how to send the fullsize pics? No matter what kbs they are.

On any phone I had they always get resized when sending so if I want them full size I transfer them directly from the memory card but it seems that is not an option for this phone.  You can just resize them on the computer when you get them though.  Mary

• 13. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
              dr_biddyboombah

JohnB_VZW

Re: your suggestions on 11-02-2011..........I followed your step-by-step instructions and was successful in getting my phone pics to my online album.  However, I haven't figured out how to download to my computer.  Part of my challenge is being technically illiterate but the user-friendliness of the Online Album page leaves much to be desired.  Please help me get the whole job done so I can forward my deer hunting pics to my pals who, up to now, don't believe I had a successful hunt.  Anyone?  Thanks in advance

• 14. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
                dr_biddyboombah

Disregard my previous posting, I figured it out on my own, and sent email messages to myself.  However, the emails had as many as 10 more attachments than my one picture.....what created those?  And I still haven't figured out the 'drop and drag'

Enjoying some success but still confused.........

• 15. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
                  acraftylady

I find it easier to just send them as text right to my email address, never bother using the album.  Mary

• 16. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
                    HughMann

There is a real problem with the LG Revere. With ny previous phone, Samsung, I think, I could E-mail stored pictures to any computer. With the LG Revere, you can E-mail a picture just after you take it, before it is saved to memory. But there does not seem to be any way to do it from a saved file, except to set up another application costing $5 a month. And yet, the booklet "Manage Your Device" calls the input on the side the "Accessory/Charger Port." This implies that the port can be used for other purposes than charging, such as downloading data to a comnputer via the USB cable. Verizon "has done us wrong" with this device. They should download a new app into the phone to allow the transfer. I'm not going to pay extra for this feature.

• 17. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
                      HughMann

Antonio, I tried sending a picture to the Online Album. After a couple of minutes of upload time, it responded, "Transfer failed." So that didn't work, either. I am getting a very  negative view of Verizon service at this point.

• 18. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
                        acraftylady

HughMann wrote:

There is a real problem with the LG Revere. With ny previous phone, Samsung, I think, I could E-mail stored pictures to any computer. With the LG Revere, you can E-mail a picture just after you take it, before it is saved to memory. But there does not seem to be any way to do it from a saved file, except to set up another application costing $5 a month. And yet, the booklet "Manage Your Device" calls the input on the side the "Accessory/Charger Port." This implies that the port can be used for other purposes than charging, such as downloading data to a comnputer via the USB cable. Verizon "has done us wrong" with this device. They should download a new app into the phone to allow the transfer. I'm not going to pay extra for this feature.

Does that phone not have a spot for stored photos?  Usually on the dumb phones I have had I can go to the pictures folder on the phone click the photo and under options for the photo is send and says send as picture message or send to online album.  I just send them all one by one as a picture message.  Also I have always been able to just compose a picture message then scroll down and there is a spot to attach the photo and it will open the folder to select what one.  Mary

• 19. Re: Transfer pictures from the LG Revere?
                          freeatlast14

This is total bull.  I also am not going to buy a data plan or a text package just to download my pictures to my computer. I just got this phone today but I think it's going back tomorrow and I am about sick of Verizon and their crap anyway