Re: Droid bionic not turning on.
Check777

Sorry for my mistake above. I am with MikeS_VZW not wildcat. I am new, give me a break...Oh No...VZ did That!

0 Likes
survivor58

When will the software update be released??

0 Likes
xm42

Should be out by late Spring, or maybe Fall, but It's coming...

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

survivor58 wrote:

When will the software update be released??

I think the official date is either when hell freezes over, or they think you have held your breath long enough. if that does not work, the day after you stop paying your bill.

Joey

0 Likes
Joel

Just had the same exact experience. My two month old Bionic had been working well except for maybe a half dozen BSODs. last night the battery had about 70% charge and i plugged it in to charge. An hour later went to check my mail and it was dead. Pulled the battery, tried various safe boot procedures, changed batteries, tried charger and no battery and nothing--no lights, nothing. took it to the verizon corporate store and paid $12.99 for an overnight replacement.  Guess i will wait till i get the replacement and see if it works before i start complaining to some higher being. with my OG Droid it took 3 phones  and 12 months before i got one that was stable and worked as it should.

0 Likes
BionicBrick

Hello,

My bionic is (or was) approx. 2 mos. old.  3 days ago I noted the battery to be at 50% when I met a friend at a restaurant and (the phone was placed in my pocket... no there was no water damage, not dropped, etc.).  3 hrs. later, upon leaving the restaurant I noticed that the phone would not turn on. :manmad: I went home, attached the charger.... no dice!  Not even a charging icon.  After several battery pulls, as well as leaving the charger on overnight, the phone would still not turn on.  (By the way, I have not rooted my phone or altered the device in any way).  I contacted Motorola and the tech assured me it was likely a defective battery.

Went to VZW and they placed a new battery in the phone.....  no dice!  The phone would not turn on or take a charge.  I was told the phone was 'defective' and VZW would send me a replacement since it is still under 'warranty.'  I then learned that the phone I will be receiving is 'refurbished'--certified, like new.  I have protested, but to no avail.  Furthermore, I am told by VZW (via an e-mail) if I do not return my now defunct phone I will be charged full retail ($599) for the 'refurbished' (like new) phone.

I have some concerns that if for some reason the VZW techs who receive my 'dead' phone are able to bring it back to life they will then have access to the contents of my phone:  e-mails, documents from work, passwords (all in encrypted format thankfully) etc. etc.  Obviously, I cannot perform a factory reset on the phone prior to sending it back.  In addition, I now realize after examining my SD card on the 'dead' phone that there is virtually nothing on it.  It appears that I have been backing up all of my important stuff (as well as saving photos and music) on my 'sdcard'--but now realize it is the phone's internal SD card, not the removable one.  [Naively, I didn't realize that when I was using my file manager and opening the 'sdcard' folder, it was the internal phone memory....  not the 'external' sd card.]  Why the h*ll does the internal memory have the same name as the external SD card? (I now understand that I need to look for '-ext' to identify files that are on my removable SD card.)

I have asked VZW to reconsider, even offered them an additional $299 (which is what I paid for my first Bionic)--if they would just allow me to switch out to a new phone.  All the people that I have spoken with (now 2 customer service individuals and 3 tech support individuals) have insisted there is no security risk--that my phone will be dismantled and/or wiped clean if it can be turned on.  Also, I have no option except to pay full retail if I insist of keeping my current phone.  All insist that I cannot receive a 'new' phone--only a refurbished device.

At this point I am too exhausted to stay angry, but truly believe that there is something terribly wrong with the device that no one seems to be acknowledging.

I would welcome advice (as long as it is constructive) from community members.

Thanks for reading my post.

0 Likes
vzfs
I have the same problem. Verizon's only explanation around the quality issue is that they will replace the phone with a "like-new replacement". I have no advice only shared frustration with both the device and poor professionalism of Verizon Wireless.
0 Likes
twobits

Well don't hold your breath. I am now on my 3rd replacement, all refurbs after paying 300 dollars for a new phone. I have experienced almost every problem discussed on this forum at one point or another. This phone is just plain junk. I went on the Motorola site and can't even find a mention of the Bionic anywhere. All owners of this phone should be compensated with a new model asap!

0 Likes
riverrat300

I went to put my phone on charge the other night before going to bed, as I use my phone as my alarm clock and screen was black, tried Turning on the phone since it has shut off before and nothing. I pulled the battery like in the past and still nothing so I put the phone on charge for 10 mins and tried it again still nothing. I then pulled out the original battery and tried it with still no results. I go to Verizon Corporate store they try everything that I have done still nothing, the rep says well I have never saw or heard of the phone doing this before.  (Well maybe the reps should be reading the forums to hear what is going on). He then says we will ship you out a replacement phone, I then ask is it new or used and he says used. Well I think this is crazy as my phone is like 2 months old and I paid almost $300 for this phone.

Now I am getting a phone who knows what someone did to it first and second what happens to my old phone that they kept once they get it working they have access to everything on my phone, from my contacts, Facebook and private emails.

What happened to our 1 yr warranty on our new devices that we are buying? I think us the CUSTOMERS need to be taken care of better or we need to be looking for some class action lawsuit against Verizon for not replacing our broken phones with NEW phones since we are still within our 1yr.

0 Likes