emails disappear
wiegand290

When I open an email the text appears and then disappears within a few seconds. The email is still in the list but when I reopen the email the text is still gone. If I go to my home computer the email and text are there. This just started within the last two days.

0 Likes
Re: emails disappear
AZSALUKI
Legend

from your home pc in the account settings, is it set to leave a copy on the server? i don't think this is the issue, but it's worth checking. (also make sure "delete from server" is not checked on the email settings in the phone)

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Also you may want to check the number of days that the email account stores because if the email is a old one it would get removed under this policy..

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

wiegand290 wrote:

When I open an email the text appears and then disappears within a few seconds. The email is still in the list but when I reopen the email the text is still gone. If I go to my home computer the email and text are there. This just started within the last two days.

The same thing happens to me.  This is happening in the native Android Mail app so then I have to open either Gmail or Yahoo Mail app to read my emails.  So annoying.

I can open them again and again and they still won't show the text.  It seems to be completely random as to when it decides to work or not.

0 Likes
Hollentour

Same here. It's happening to NEW e-mails. The e-mail is showing in the in-box, but when it's opened, the message doesn't display, but the e-mail remains in the in-box.

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

Hollentour wrote:

Same here. It's happening to NEW e-mails. The e-mail is showing in the in-box, but when it's opened, the message doesn't display, but the e-mail remains in the in-box.

My emails will display for about 2-3 seconds and then disappear which makes it even more frustrating. 

Come on Verizon, how about responding to this issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

FYI - I just spoke with Verizon rep and they said that this is a known issue reported to HTC.  No timeline for a solution but the workaround is to use a different email app from the Market (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc.)

0 Likes
reneekooyer6

Thank you to everyone who has posted regarding this issue.  I thought I was going crazy because I was seeing the same issue on my phone, and when I would check the message from my laptop it was there in full!  I downloaded the Yahoo app from the Market just now, and so far that is working well.

Hopefully Verizon will get this figured out quickly!

0 Likes
Nyobie_B
Contributor - Level 1

I have an HTC Thunderbolt and have occasionally had the same issue.

A work around (until HTC figures out a permanent solution) is to put your Mail icon into the trash can and then add back your mail icon shortcut.

I've noticed that the only time the problem seems to appear is when I press buttons too quickly.  I've intentionally slowed down the time I wait between going into my email, then going back out using the back button.  I haven't had this problem since I started doing this.

Good luck!

0 Likes
NH-Hook

I too started having this problem yesterday. It's there until I scroll down and the phone starts to download the rest of the e-mail.  Of course the marketing e-mail messages that use HTML and pictures instead of text stay.  I deleted my accounts.  Force Closed the Mail app.  Set up my mail account again.  Same issue. 

I am now using the Yahoo! mail app. 

0 Likes