USB Device Not Recognized
GeorgeDroid

Hello,

I recently purchased a Droid Bionic and everything was working great for a week or so.  Since though, I can not connect my device to my computer to transfer files.  Initially I would get the message in the notification bar to set the device to mass storage, etc, but that no longer happens when I connect to my PC (windows 7 pro).  I have read many of the forums and none of them seem to solve my problem.  When I connect my device via USB I get a message on my PC that says "USB Device not Recognized".  If fact after a phone reboot I get that message followed by a message saying "USB Device has malfunctioned".  After that happens every time I connect to my PC I get two message in a row that say "USB Device not Recognized".

Yes, I am checking the notifications bar, and NOTHING is showing up.

Yes, I am using the right cable.  I even went to VZ and bought a new one just to make sure.

Yes, I have rebooted both my PC, and device, several times.

Yes, my device is charging once connected to the PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: USB Device Not Recognized
Tidbits
Legend
Did you install the correct drivers?
0 Likes
GeorgeDroid

I did.  Plus I ran the Motorola driver installation to update drivers, and did a clean and reinstall.  No luck though.  

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Have you tried all the different ports?  How old is your computer/laptop?  Which version of USB does your motherboard use?  Are you using Windows Vista/7?

0 Likes
GeorgeDroid

yes I have tried all of the ports, and I am running Win 7 pro on a two year old lenovo laptop.  It worked great the first few days and then nothing. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you change the USB connection from media drive vs. charge only.

0 Likes
GeorgeDroid

At some point when I did get a notification yes I did say charge only.  But now I no longer get the notification to be able to set it differently.  I am pretty sure I have gone through all of the available settings and came seem to come across one to change it manually versus the notification way.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I believe there is either a problem with your device or the plug itself.  Have you tried using a different plug or a different computer?

0 Likes
Noleman97

I was wondering if there is a solution to the USB not recognized error problem?

I encountered the same problem yesterday when I tried to connect my Droid Bionic to my laptop to download pictures & video.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
dead5cott

im having the same problem i think.  When I plug my bionic into my computer nothing happens on my computer or my phone.  I can't access any files from my computer.  I think I may be stuck in charge only mode but I don't know how to get out of it.  I have tried this on multiple computers.  Anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes