Verizon iPhone: "Cannot Get Mail, the connection to server failed" error in Exchange Email.
tribalplague

I have an iPhone 4 from Verizon and I have and iPhone 4 from AT&T.  

When I try to configure Exchange on the iPhone 4 from Verizon, I get a "Can't Get Mail, The connection to the server failed." error.  I checked in Exchange to see if the phone logged in but it doesnt show that it has.  

email: name.lastname@company.com

server: webmail.companyname.com

domain: companydomain

username: firstnamela

password: mypassword

Description: Exchange

Use SSL: On

The same information is entered in the iPhone 4 from AT&T.  But in the AT&T iPhone the connection works on the fly...

My main question is what could be possibly different from the AT&T iPhone and the Verizon iPhone.  AT&T works right off the bat, and Verizon doesnt.

Now, i have been reading that on Verizon people need to buy a corporate access at $44.95, for the phone to work with Exchange. Is this true? I see emails that contradict this statement, from customers and VZW customer support alike.

If someone can help me I will appreciate it.  I also have a ticket with Apple but I wanted to cover my bases and check here as well.

Thanks!

Tp

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon iPhone: "Cannot Get Mail, the connection to server failed" error in Exchange E
lbars

Hi,

I would love to know if there is a solution to this problem as I am having the exact same issue. Our tech guy at work can't figure out what the problem is as the AT&T iphones are working fine with our Exhange accounts, just not those of us with Verizon. We can receive, but not send emails:smileysad: Very frustrating!

lbars

0 Likes
Re: Verizon iPhone: "Cannot Get Mail, the connection to server failed" error in Exchange E
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

tribalplague wrote:

I have an iPhone 4 from Verizon and I have and iPhone 4 from AT&T.  

When I try to configure Exchange on the iPhone 4 from Verizon, I get a "Can't Get Mail, The connection to the server failed." error.  I checked in Exchange to see if the phone logged in but it doesnt show that it has.  

email: name.lastname@company.com

server: webmail.companyname.com

domain: companydomain

username: firstnamela

password: mypassword

Description: Exchange

Use SSL: On

The same information is entered in the iPhone 4 from AT&T.  But in the AT&T iPhone the connection works on the fly...

My main question is what could be possibly different from the AT&T iPhone and the Verizon iPhone.  AT&T works right off the bat, and Verizon doesnt.

Now, i have been reading that on Verizon people need to buy a corporate access at $44.95, for the phone to work with Exchange. Is this true? I see emails that contradict this statement, from customers and VZW customer support alike.

If someone can help me I will appreciate it.  I also have a ticket with Apple but I wanted to cover my bases and check here as well.

Thanks!

Tp

Hi Tribalplague,

In review of your posting, are you still having the issue with connecting to your Exchange email? You would have needed the $44.95 data plan on your line to work with Exchange corporate email access by July 6th.  As of July 7th, our plans start at a two gigabyte data allowance for $30.00 with a corporate email access feature added to your line for an additional $15.00. This makes it $45.00 for the corporate email access. For a list of available data plans, please use this link. If you like me to check your line to add the plan, please send me a private message with your information. If you already have this plan on your line, please confirm your Exchange email account settings with your system administrator. For more information in configuring your Exchange email, please use this link to reference the user manuel. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Lbars, thank you for your inquiry. What error message are you getting when trying to send email? Try resetting your network settings by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. This will reboot the phone. You may need to enter your Exchange password again when the phone boots back up. Try sending an email again. Have you also tried deleting, then readding the email again? 

0 Likes
Bair

if your domain has been upgraded you and your user account has been around prior to the upgrade... Say your domain was a windows 2000 or 2003 domain. the issue is with security on your ad account you need to go to your user account and have the admin >> security (Tab) >> advanced >> checked the box for inherit permissions from parent.  Now drop you exchange account and readd it the box must be checked prior to the join attempt... Hope this is helpful as it took me along time to figure this out.. 

0 Likes
Bair

Let me update a few omissions AD = Active Directory and this will have to be performed by your server admin. please email me if you have questions as i will not check this post again.. 

0 Likes
WendellJack

Tried that. Now I get the box that says Cannot Send Mail - The connection to the outgoing server "apple.stmp.mail.yahoo.com" failed Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

This has been going on for three days. I thought it was on Verizon's end and temporary but now...

0 Likes