Razr Gorilla Glass
mess472
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, I just purchased the Razr yesterday and the salesman at the VZW store sold me the screen protectors.  I was under the understanding that the gorilla glass is scratch proof and I asked him that.  He said it will scratch.  Did I get sold something that is not needed just too make a sale?   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr Gorilla Glass
skooter2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

This should speak for itself why the phone needs a screen protector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EimSyAIuDoI

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I think my Tbolt has gorilla glass and I still put a screen protector on. It is more of a matter of preference to me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

mess472 wrote:

Hi, I just purchased the Razr yesterday and the salesman at the VZW store sold me the screen protectors.  I was under the understanding that the gorilla glass is scratch proof and I asked him that.  He said it will scratch.  Did I get sold something that is not needed just too make a sale?   

@Mess472

You ask if your Razr has Gorrilla Glass the Answer is Yes: An if you would like to Take a peek for your self just Click on the Link i provided:  <<<< an Enjoy an drop a kudo if you'd like Too :smileywink:

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/products-with-gorilla/motorola

And Ann your T-Bolt has Gorilla As Well An the Link: To it an Other HTC's As Well

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/products-with-gorilla/htc

0 Likes
ccsean78
Enthusiast - Level 1

To answer both your questions, yes.  The Razr has a gorilla glass screen, and the guy was just trying to make a sale. They make a bundle with the case, charger, and screen protectors. I think they get paid comission so you cant blame him for trying. That screen is pretty much indestructible. I've seen people hit  them with knives and forks and nothing. One of the selling points of the phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would'nt say indestructible if it's droped just right it can shatter it. Scratch proof there's factores there as well but Gorilla is way better than what we had a few years Back. That Said on my Droid X an my Incredible neather one has a So what you call a protective screen. They tried to do the you need it thing when i bought my X last year i told them to file an keep it. :smileywink: B33 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Don't mistake scratch resistant for scratch proof. Gorilla glass, while supposedly more durable than other fortified glass, can indeed get scratched.  Better safe than sorry imo.

B33
Legend

I've seen that Happen  PJNC284  matter of fact my sister in-law's Dinc. has a nice scratch along the Top left corner i ask how it got the Boo Boo an she said Natural Causes.... :smileywink:  I did'nt say no more an left it that...

Pj have a nice Weekend: I gonna do some Football & Nascar Watchen

An i've been on this Great post for a year now Thanks too the many of you for the help i've gotten over the year. An lettten me pute my two cents an a nickle in there to help one's when i could.  An to do the same in the Future.  Thanks  B33

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i've used 1 out of the pack of 3 verizon screen protectors since last december & don't have any scratches to speak of.
0 Likes
nike86

yeah haha the rep will sell the phone and its features talking up Gorilla Glass and how strong it is, but then when you agree to buy it turns into well you can still scratch it up.  

Also it seems stupid to buy a case.   Isnt it being so thin part of the appeal and now I'll put a big ugly case on it.   I'll put a case on it if I have an ugly scratch to cover.   Otherwise while its new and pretty I'll show it off uncovered.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

its 11 months since i bought the fascinate

its always naked

and always in a pocket with keys and such

no scratches

gorilla glass is good stuff

but it can be scratched

there are vids on youtube and stuff

0 Likes