HTC Rhyme voice mail -- how to turn off notification when I access voice mail
pattiborn

This is crazy. Every time I check voice mail, I get a notification and it shows up as a message. I want to turn that off, but can't find any information on how to do this. None of the voice mail setup prompts have anything to do with this. I've never seen this on a cell phone before. I only want to know when I have a missed call and/or a message. And I do not want the visual voice mail. Can anyone shed any light on this? Having the same problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Rhyme voice mail -- how to turn off notification when I access voice mail
Wildman
Legend

It has to do with the way you are checking your voicemail because there is no notification for when you check your VM, it only should announce when a VM is being left...   Are you using the Visual Voice Mail App or the stock Voicemail?

Re: HTC Rhyme voice mail -- how to turn off notification when I access voice mail
pattiborn

I am using the stock voice mail; not the visual voice mail. After I check my VM, the phone beeps and there's a notice in messages that 1 message is there, and it's only the call I made TO VM, not a new VM from a caller I missed. 

0 Likes
htcrezounder
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same or similar problem with my brand new HTC Rezound.

When I tap-open my voicemail, I have a notification to subscribe to visual voicemail for $2.99/month. -I don't want to do that and I want that notification gone. I've owned the phone 2 days and I've accidentally tapped that notification twice. That would be extremely annoying to have in my way for the next 2 years with this phone. 

I've tried signing in to it but cannot (since I don't have a numeric password). -I've searched the settings and cannot find any way to dismiss this notification..

Please HTC make this go away.