Blackberry Bold 9930 will not turn on, just reboots!!
LexieShaw

I got my new Blackberry Bold 9930 yesterday, and I went to go reboot it and now it wont turn on, All it does is keeps rebooting, but never turning on. Does anyone know what to do?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 will not turn on, just reboots!!
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Try taking the battery out for about a minute and then put it back in. :smileywink:

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for your assistance.

LexieShaw, this is not a known issue with the BlackBerry Bold 9930. Please be sure I will assist you further with this issue, if it has not been resolved. I need more information from you, send me a PM with your mobile number and a contact number and I will contact you.

Thank you, 

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

LenaA_VZW wrote:

Thank you to the community for your assistance.

LexieShaw, this is not a known issue with the BlackBerry Bold 9930. Please be sure I will assist you further with this issue, if it has not been resolved. I need more information from you, send me a PM with your mobile number and a contact number and I will contact you.

Thank you, 

The only problem when a VZW employee asks an OP to contact them through PM is that the rest of the community never hears the resolution, if there is one. Why can't VZW employees just interact within the forum...since it is a community forum. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

@SoccerRef  - Thanks to the community for posting.  That is great question to ask.  The main reason VZW employees take the conversation to PM is because there is personal information that we need from the OP (i.e. phone number or address) and we don’t want that info to be disclosed to everyone on the forum.  You bring up a great point about not getting the resolution to everyone else that is having the issue.  I personally will try to repost resolutions with account specific details retracted.  I hope this helps give you a better understanding of our reasoning to bring the trouble shooting into PM’s.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Abbaink
I've noticed this was dated a week ago. Has this problem been resolved? The same thing started happening on my Blackberry Bold and now it is stuck in an infinite loop of updating, installing, error message 606, resetting. I can't use the phone and none of the solutions I read have worked. From what I have read it seems to be happening to enough people to now be a known problem.
0 Likes
kak
same thing happen to me this past friday. the phone kept rebooting itself then i got an error 102 message. replacement is comming tomorrow. i had the phone since aug. 16. so i'm kind of upset. i hope the replacement runs and looks runs new. i paid good money for the phone so i don't want someones else headaces.
0 Likes
Fisha

Happening to me too on my 9650.  Started maybe 3 weeks ago.  Received a new device via warranty exchange and it's happening to the new phone too.  Found other posts here, one person w/a Tour and one person w/a Curve.  What's the deal VZW?

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Here is my experience and solution reference rebooting:

"I went through a several month period of time where my new BB 9650 would reboot every couple of hours. This went on for 4 months. Here is what I did to troubleshoot the problem (may be the same thing the OP is going through):

May be a corrupt 3rd party app or setting

1. Backup with BB DM. Reload Verizon OS without any 3rd party apps. Also, do not restore any preferences, options or settings, just the important stuff like emails, SMS, calendar and address book.

Still rebooting/freezing

2. Copy all SD card files/folders to your laptop. Reformat the SD card and copy everything back.

Still rebooting/freezing

3. May be a corrupt database. Create a free gmail account and add it to your BB. Go into your gmail setup on your BB and tell it to sync contacts and calendar. Once all your contacts and calendar are on the web version of gmail, turn off the sync on on your BB. Open DM and select Delete Data to delete all Calendar and Contact information. Once this is done, your address book and calendar should be empty. Next turn on the sync for both Contacts and Calendar in the gmail setup on your BB. This may take up to 30 minutes for everything to download. Once that is done, do a battery pull and *228.

You need to use gmail to restore your contacts and calendar because it seems that backing up and restoring with DM just puts the same corrupt database back on your BB. Go figure?!?

Step 3.  is what finally fixed my 9650. It seems I had a corrupt calendar. Hope this helps."

0 Likes
Fisha
Thanks Soccer. I replied in another thread.
0 Likes