Re: Verizon iPhone 4S SIM UNLOCK Tutorial
sringa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi VZC

When I plop in the SIM Card and activate it, it shows up as AT&T and iTunes shows the international Phone (UK 44) number. It does NOT show Verizon.

Regards

0 Likes
VZC

Thanks for the very helpful reply sringa! Do you happen to have any expired SIMs? If you do can you please put it in and tell me what happens?  VZ says my 4S has been unlocked but when I put an expired international SIM in nothing happens, I still see Verizon in the top left.  I don't have any other international SIMs.

Thanks much

0 Likes
robdizzle2711

2 questions here. I work in Suriname S. America and I just got a sim card to bring back and test out a theory. One that was, i believe, mentioned earlier. I read somewhere that by just inserting a foreign sim into the phone and putting on itunes, it would unlock it. I see that this was sort of mentioned earlier. The reason its important is because its not going to be my 4s that Im going to use. Its a buddy. I dont have one yet as I was out of the country when it came out. Im trying to find the best way of going about getting the new phone. I just want to make sure that he wont be too **bleep** at me when he puts in the sim and he has to reload everything. But as stated earlier that should be easily rectified by just syncing the phone. Does anyone have proof of that working? Again, I dont want to brick the guys phone. My second question is this. If I chose to by an iPhone 4[S] (unlocked) from a verizon customer for a price that would be lower than the full price of the factory unlocked/no obligation phones,  would I be able to take it to ATT and use it there. I JUST signed a contract in mid sept with them and therefore i am a bit away from an upgrade. 

0 Likes
Diegocanter
I think I have a similar issue. I just bought a Verizon iPhone 4s 32gb on eBay. I live in holland (Europe) and have a t-mobile sim-card. Its not possible to activate the phone with a foreign carrier. The iPhone won't let the simcard connect to the network (it shows; no service on the left). If anybody knows how to resolve this please help. And excuse my for my bad English.
0 Likes
somnia

I got Verizon unlocked my Iphone 4S in the US then got it shipped to me in Korea. I didn't get the unlocked complete page on Itunes but I put in Korean local carrier sim card and it works fine!!! Unlimited data here is only $50/month which includes voice and text also :smileytongue:

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Diegocanter wrote:
I think I have a similar issue. I just bought a Verizon iPhone 4s 32gb on eBay. I live in holland (Europe) and have a t-mobile sim-card. Its not possible to activate the phone with a foreign carrier. The iPhone won't let the simcard connect to the network (it shows; no service on the left). If anybody knows how to resolve this please help. And excuse my for my bad English.

Did you purchase the phone after it had already been unlocked? If not, do you currently meet the requirements that Verizon has set forth for them to unlock the phone? These requirements are:

* Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.
* The iPhone 4S being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
* The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
* The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
* Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

If you do not meet the requirements, then you may not be able to unlock the phone.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

robdizzle2711 wrote:

My second question is this. If I chose to by an iPhone 4[S] (unlocked) from a verizon customer for a price that would be lower than the full price of the factory unlocked/no obligation phones,  would I be able to take it to ATT and use it there. I JUST signed a contract in mid sept with them and therefore i am a bit away from an upgrade. 

AFAIK, an unlocked VZW iPhone will not work on AT&T or T-Mobile US, due to an agreement to block other US carriers' 3G service.  I'm unsure as to whether or not it will work on AT&T's Edge service.

0 Likes
Kennynguyen1993
I want to travel out of the country and am planning to unlock my sim. I havent called my verizon company yet and I have some questions. I currently do not have another carriers sim card yet. I am planning to go to Vietnam and I will get the carriers sim card when I get there. So would they unlock it even though I don't have the sim card of the vietnams carrier or would I have to call verizon while I am in Vietnam with that carriers sim card?
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

you don't need the other sim to unlock it. 

0 Likes
antelope5

Hi,

I have two iphone 4s' - on different Verizon accounts. Iphone 1 - I called to have it sim unlocked. Then I inserted a foreign sim, activated it using Itunes and it showed ATT as the carrier.

When I repeated the process with the second iphone the activation failed saying it was not a valid sim. I called Verizon again and they said it was SIM unlocked. But Verizon says that the activation part has to be done in the home country where the foreign SIM comes from. In their mind the phone is behaving as it should.

I find it strange that the two phones should behave differently and this makes me wonder if the second phone is really sim

unlocked.

Has anybody had this problem? Any workarounds?

Thanks

0 Likes