Phones with free mobile hotspot
GVikings83

Are there any phones (besides the WebOS Palm Pre Plus) that you can use as a mobile hotspot or tether for free?

I don't really like my Palm Pre and I would like to get a Droid or Iphone, but my main use for my phone is a mobile hotspot. I know that you can add it as a feature to other phones for an extra $20-$30 per month, but I don't want to pay more than I already am. If that were the case, I would switch to another provider we have in town that would be much cheaper (but not as good coverage).

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phones with free mobile hotspot
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

GVikings83 wrote:

Are there any phones (besides the WebOS Palm Pre Plus) that you can use as a mobile hotspot or tether for free?

I don't really like my Palm Pre and I would like to get a Droid or Iphone, but my main use for my phone is a mobile hotspot. I know that you can add it as a feature to other phones for an extra $20-$30 per month, but I don't want to pay more than I already am. If that were the case, I would switch to another provider we have in town that would be much cheaper (but not as good coverage).

not that i know of.  i think they put it on that one phone, just to help sell them

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

GVikings83 wrote:

not that i know of.  i think they put it on that one phone, just to help sell them

0 Likes
rottlover
My Pantech Breakout has a Mobile Hotspot app on it, but I haven't managed to connect it to the network yet.
0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rottlover wrote:
My Pantech Breakout has a Mobile Hotspot app on it, but I haven't managed to connect it to the network yet.

alot of phone have the app

but on the one palm it was free

normally you have to pay to use it

0 Likes