MiFi 4510L Firmware Update 2.23!
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

It looks like the MiFi 4510L Support page has been updated with new documentation.

See the following link for more information:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/mifi4510l.html

The new benefits include:

1. Obtaint your SIM info from the Diagnostics menu of the Web UI

2. Stronger Web UI password/Securit Key (new devices)

3. Improved connection in 3G/4G areas

4. Improved handoff performance in 3G/4G areas

5. Improved VPN stability

6. Enhanced device capability to use USB power to extend battery life

7. Added device capability to support delivery of future software OTA

There is release date has not been revealed for this firmware update.  Some say it will be on 11/1...

It looks like this firmware update will not be forced like the previous update.  We can download and install this one when we are ready to do so.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L Firmware Update 2.23!
ipodjockey

What is the current version of the firmware?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The current firmware version is 2.16.

The new firmware version of 2.23 is available as of this morning.

The direct download link to the firmware update can be found here:

http://production.4510.verizon.mifiupdates.com/Windows/MiFi4510LWin.zip

The software had difficulty moving forward after I connected my USB cable.  This is probally because it takes a few moments for the MiFi to shutdown its broadcast before it will accept the update and I was too hasty.  I left my USB Cable plugged into my laptop and relaunched the installation and was successful on my 2nd attempt.  The whole process took around 10 minutes to complete.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

A few changes I have noticed on the new firmware:

1. It looks like the "Global" setting under WWAN preferred mode has been reworded.  Now the option displays as "LTE/CDMA"

2. The Firmware Update button on the home page is no longer available.  There appears to be a new Software Update page tucked under the Advanced menu to replace this feature.

0 Likes
ipodjockey

Have updated two units so far. One is in the field and has reported having no issues. Hopefully all our complaining has finally paid off!!!

0 Likes
ooshnoo

Lovely.  Just updated and now it won't connect to the network.  Reset to factory defaults and nothing.  Even gotta new SIM card.

0 Likes
Tigon

This update managed to "brick" my device as well.

My device shows a 4 bar/ -50 RSSI EVDO signal available, but will not connect to it.

The diagnostics page simply says "EVDO connection failed" whenever I attempt to connect.

Guess I have a replacement 4510L on the way overnight courtesy of Verizon's tech support.

0 Likes
AHepburn

Downloaded and installed the update last night - I'll be cautiously optimistic and say it looks like it might have solved the disconnection issue. I have remained connected all day today (so far)... it also seems to have fixed the time issue - the clock is now correct instead of being in a time zone many miles west of the Pacific coast!

It installed fine for me ...

0 Likes
jeffr

I'm bricked too.   I wonder if it's a particular update host?   I updated from a Mac, did the others that brick also use the Mac update?   Did those that work use a PC?

0 Likes
ooshnoo

There are others over on the EVDOforums with the same problem.  I had to have my ticket escalated to Verizon network support...which can take 2-3 days for a response.  Level 2 tech support guy said they weren't even notified of 2.23 udapte.

Lovely.

0 Likes