How to activate a Factory unlocked Iphone 4s
Kufi

When I buy a Verizon IPhone 4s I am able to get a SIM unlock but this is not a unlocked Phone. I am not able to use for example

a AT&T SIM or use is on other CDMA Carriers. It states on the Apple Web-Site if I buy a Factory unlocked phone I am not able to use it on Verizon. This makes absolute no sense. I would like to stay with Verizon (customer for over 10 Years) but since I am traveling all over the world I would like to order a real World Phone.

Does anyone know how to activate a Factory unlocked IPhone 4s on Verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to activate a Factory unlocked Iphone 4s
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Kufi wrote:

Thanks for the replay. I am from Germany and I live in the US for over 10 Years but plan to go back to Germany in about a Year.

I have to travel a lot back and forth over the next months. I am looking for a solution that I can keep my Verizon contract for another year and when I move back to Germany still be able to use my IPhone. I realize I have to pay full price on the Phone but that would be no issue. The way I understand it is when I come back to the US (for Business) after I switched to a German provider I am not able to make Phone calls because Germany provider Roam trough AT&T and AT&T will be still locked on my Phone.

Do you know if this is correct.

Thanks

Yes, if I'm not mistaken that would still be the case. That's assuming that you can activate your current iPhone on a German carrier. You may have to get a new iPhone altogether. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Kufi wrote:

When I buy a Verizon IPhone 4s I am able to get a SIM unlock but this is not a unlocked Phone. I am not able to use for example

a AT&T SIM or use is on other CDMA Carriers. It states on the Apple Web-Site if I buy a Factory unlocked phone I am not able to use it on Verizon. This makes absolute no sense. I would like to stay with Verizon (customer for over 10 Years) but since I am traveling all over the world I would like to order a real World Phone.

Does anyone know how to activate a Factory unlocked IPhone 4s on Verizon.

The Verizon iPhone 4s is a real World Phone...what you are wanting to do is have Verizon service and use GSM networks while in the US...or at least that what it sounds like since you state that you are having trouble using another U.S. carrier's sim card on your phone. You can't do that. But when you are overseas you can use a local carrier's simcard there if you have the Verizon sim unlocked. As far as the Apple unlocked device that can't be used with Verizon...it makes sense because that device is natively a GMS device...so it will work unlocked on other GSM networks but not on VZW's CDMA. In general, it has always been my understanding that unlocked devices (not just sim's) are for use n GSM networks and not CDMA's.

0 Likes
Kufi

Thanks for the replay. I am from Germany and I live in the US for over 10 Years but plan to go back to Germany in about a Year.

I have to travel a lot back and forth over the next months. I am looking for a solution that I can keep my Verizon contract for another year and when I move back to Germany still be able to use my IPhone. I realize I have to pay full price on the Phone but that would be no issue. The way I understand it is when I come back to the US (for Business) after I switched to a German provider I am not able to make Phone calls because Germany provider Roam trough AT&T and AT&T will be still locked on my Phone.

Thanks

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Kufi wrote:

Thanks

Yes, if I'm not mistaken that would still be the case. That's assuming that you can activate your current iPhone on a German carrier. You may have to get a new iPhone altogether. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

0 Likes