Slow 3G speeds
RGold60

Hello,

My 3G speeds are painfully slow ~0.2Mbps download and 0.7Mbps for upload. I can see the 3G icon but I ged 1X speeds what's wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Slow 3G speeds
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Congested area? Possible upgrades to the towers themselves? Lots of possibilities.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RGold60

I'm paying for 3G and getting 1X service. Nice game Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Distance from a tower can also affect signal strength and 3G speed. I see those results in weak areas, too. And you are getting a 3G mobile connection, that upload results is on par with normal 3G upload speeds.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
depends where you live.
0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

depends upon where you are....rural or in a metro? I live in a metro, a place where Verizon says there is SOLID 3G, yet my phone constantly goes to 1X, well within plain sight of 3 towers, yes THREE towers.

I'm tired of people saying its the tower upgrades related to 4G and to live with it - the problem is widespread enough and reported by users in various parts of the country....that CAN'T be a tower problem, unless ALL of their towers have problems. We don't pay for 3G to get crap 1X service. If Verizon says via the own service maps that there is 3G then THAT is what "I" expect to receive. Don't blame it on the tower if I'm out in plain sight (away from buildings) of 3 towers all I get is1X showing on my phone.

I even did a factory reset a week ago due to other issues and NOTHING got fixed.....it still gives me 1X, it still gives me problems with other things as well, and that was without any apps being installed yet.

VZW get your act together.....factory resets and battery pulls are NOT the answer

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
the fact that you can see 3 towers doesn't necessarily mean they're verizon towers & being very close to a tower isn't necessarily a good thing because you could be under the umbrella, where reception isn't very good.
0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

bearone21 wrote:
the fact that you can see 3 towers doesn't necessarily mean they're verizon towers & being very close to a tower isn't necessarily a good thing because you could be under the umbrella, where reception isn't very good.

just because they may not be Verizon towers doesn't mean anything at all.....carriers share towers all the time. AT&T phones will work off of Verizon towers, Verizon will work off of AT&T towers, etc. Their networks work off of different spectrums, but to say you can only get Verizon service from a Verizon tower would mean that service would be even worse. If I wanted this kind of answer, I'd have walked into a Verizon corporate store and gamble with what kind of excuse I would get

sorry but if you are in a 3G area, where the Verizon map says is SOLID 3G, then that's what I expect to get, regardless of who's towers are around me. Don't advertise the service, charge me for it, and then not produce. If I don't produce in my job, then my job is in jeopardy.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

between the op, who doesn't even post a state & you, the great state of texas, where will verizon concentrate towers, near mineral wells, graham & breckenridge or dfw & the big cities & population centers are located?

personally i have no sympathy for folks who whine about poor service & include nothing about whether they live in a metro area or out in the middle of no-where in the op.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning RGold60,

I think we all know the importance of having 3G service available when it's needed. With that being said, I am available to assist you with your 3G speeds. I have a few questions to ask you in order to get a better understanding of the 3G issue. If you would be so kind as to answer them then I can research this issue for you. I have them listed below for your convenience.

1.  Are you using the Droid X, as your profile states?

2.  What software version do you have on the phone?

3.  What city & state are you in?

4.  Are you using any type of 3rd party app or equipment as a signal booster?

5. Are you the only person/device having this issue?

As Ann154, stated in her post, there are several factors that can influence the upload and download speeds. If you like, you can post the answers on the forum or send me a private message so I can investigate. If you decide to send me a private message then please include your full name, your mobile number, and your answers to the questions above. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you...

0 Likes