LG Revolution 4G LTE Software Update?!
triplejrocks

My phone has been restarting numerous times, because of this stupid Update, it goes from 'Searching For Service' for about 1-2 minutes, then reboots the phone..

What is going on?? Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?!

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution 4G LTE Software Update?!
coreylewis

did the update get interupted at all while it installed on the phone any interuption would most likely corrupt the software

0 Likes
triplejrocks

I'm not even sure, I did respond to a message while the update was being downloaded, then what happened was I got another text after the Install had just finished updating, but then as soon as I could get to it, the phone was just about to shut off

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

triplejrocks wrote:

My phone has been restarting numerous times, because of this stupid Update, it goes from 'Searching For Service' for about 1-2 minutes, then reboots the phone..

Try a factory reset through the bootloader.  Sounds like you have corrupted cache.

0 Likes
triplejrocks

Tidbits wrote:

triplejrocks wrote:

Try a factory reset through the bootloader.  Sounds like you have corrupted cache.

I tried that, still get no service, no bars, & still reboots when i select Language, etc & everything

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
You may need to redo the update. I am unsure if there is a thing that LG has which could allow you to do it. Maybe Verizon stores can redo it or replace your device. Maybe a bad radio firmware install.
0 Likes
triplejrocks

Tidbits wrote:
You may need to redo the update. I am unsure if there is a thing that LG has which could allow you to do it. Maybe Verizon stores can redo it or replace your device. Maybe a bad radio firmware install.

The Device has been replaced. Seeminglessly they told me it would be here by Tuesday, looking online through the tracking number that they provided me, will be here at earliest convience, so I'm looking at maybe Tomorrow, after 4:30PM via FedEx..

But before I close up this topic, do you normally text during a software update, or do you just mainly leave the device alone? What I am trying to say is I sent out a few texts during my Software Update, & then got one more after the phone had completely shut off, should i have done that or not? I know it's best to just leave certain stuff alone during an update.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

triplejrocks wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

The Device has been replaced. Seeminglessly they told me it would be here by Tuesday, looking online through the tracking number that they provided me, will be here at earliest convience, so I'm looking at maybe Tomorrow, after 4:30PM via FedEx..

But before I close up this topic, do you normally text during a software update, or do you just mainly leave the device alone? What I am trying to say is I sent out a few texts during my Software Update, & then got one more after the phone had completely shut off, should i have done that or not? I know it's best to just leave certain stuff alone during an update.

I normally do a factory reset before an update comes to ensure cache and possible "interference" with the update are gone.  When the update happens then I just redownload all my apps and it's business as usual.  

0 Likes
triplejrocks

I

Tidbits wrote:

triplejrocks wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

I normally do a factory reset before an update comes to ensure cache and possible "interference" with the update are gone.  When the update happens then I just redownload all my apps and it's business as usual.  

I tried that not once, but three times & it still didn't work for the old one that I had previously, before I got the replacement today, but when I got the phone today, it again, asked me to update, along with the 30-35 text messages that I recieved over the weekend, NOW when leaving the phone alone to update, decides to work, now that I got rid of old one...

0 Likes
tigerck127

I have the SAME EXACT issue right now.

I got the update message and so I left it on for it to update.

After a while, I noticed it turning on and off. I was wondering what went wrong, but I realized that this shouldn't be happening.

I don't know... I'm going to call my local service tomorrow as soon as I can to see what I can do.

I'm probably going to have to get a replacement... 

Already my second time having to replace this phone...

Terrible...

0 Likes