LG Cosmos Touch - Randomly Restarts
47Ronin

I'd like to hear from anyone having the same problem.

Both myself and my girlfriend purchased LG Cosmos Touch phones from the local Verizon store last April.  Originally we had the frustration of the Daily Scoop popping up every time we used them.  On 13 June 2011 Verizon pushed a software update to our phones.  Immediately after that update our phones began experiencing the occasional restart:  when we slide open the QWERTY keyboard; when receive a TXT and touch the View Message button; when we unlock the display; when we edit and save a Calendar entry; or when we Send a TXT.  It's random and as I said the "restart problem" began immediately after the last software update.  I know this because I happened to open the display at 10 PM on June 13th, and the system asked me if I wanted to accept the update.  I have a reconditioned phone coming to see if that solves the problem.  Doubtful, since the latest software update will be installed upon activation.  But let's keep a positive thought.

OK - the reconditioned phone did the same thing.  So I kept my original phone and sent the replacement back.

Then I called the Customer Service number again about the same Order Number.  The "technician" walked me through the "Restore Phone" procedure.  He was positive that would solve my problem.  Didn't.  Yesterday my phone restarted twice.

There is a reply on another post (LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!) from MikeS_VZW, Wireless Employee, on page 6.  At the end of his post he states, "Edit:  Also, if your issue is not caused by the Daily Scoop alerts, and the screen is just randomly lighting up, this is going to be fixed.  LG is working on a new software version that will be available.  I don't have a timeframe, but I have confirmed it is in the works. New software version will be VN270ZV5."

Hope the update comes soon, fixes this problem too, and doesn't cause other problems.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Randomly Restarts
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

47Ronin wrote:

I'd like to hear from anyone having the same problem.

Both myself and my girlfriend purchased LG Cosmos Touch phones from the local Verizon store last April.  Originally we had the frustration of the Daily Scoop popping up every time we used them.  On 13 June 2011 Verizon pushed a software update to our phones.  Immediately after that update our phones began experiencing the occasional restart:  when we slide open the QWERTY keyboard; when receive a TXT and touch the View Message button; when we unlock the display; when we edit and save a Calendar entry; or when we Send a TXT.  It's random and as I said the "restart problem" began immediately after the last software update.  I know this because I happened to open the display at 10 PM on June 13th, and the system asked me if I wanted to accept the update.  I have a reconditioned phone coming to see if that solves the problem.  Doubtful, since the latest software update will be installed upon activation.  But let's keep a positive thought.

OK - the reconditioned phone did the same thing.  So I kept my original phone and sent the replacement back.

Then I called the Customer Service number again about the same Order Number.  The "technician" walked me through the "Restore Phone" procedure.  He was positive that would solve my problem.  Didn't.  Yesterday my phone restarted twice.

There is a reply on another post (LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!) from MikeS_VZW, Wireless Employee, on page 6.  At the end of his post he states, "Edit:  Also, if your issue is not caused by the Daily Scoop alerts, and the screen is just randomly lighting up, this is going to be fixed.  LG is working on a new software version that will be available.  I don't have a timeframe, but I have confirmed it is in the works. New software version will be VN270ZV5."

Hope the update comes soon, fixes this problem too, and doesn't cause other problems.

Hi 47Ronin,

I feel your pain; it must be frustrating having a device rebooting at random. I have checked my resources and this rebooting issue is noted part of the issues to be fixed with the next software update. While we do not have an ETA for the software update, please be assured that we'll push the update over the air as soon as it is made available by manufacturer.

0 Likes
markts

I am also waiting for this update, as my son's phone has the same problem.  Surely the new firmware will be cheaper to get out than the support calls and warranty replacement phones being sent.  My next step is to have a replacement delivered in an attempt to fix this issue in the absence of an update, or even an indication if the update will be this week, month, or year??

0 Likes
caillinm62

I've been having the same issue with my phone since I got it last November. It's very frustrating. Just last week I took it in to a Verizon store, and they sent me a refurbished phone to try to fix the problem. I honestly think this new refurb phone is worse, it restarts itself several times a day when I am trying to call, read texts, reply texts, or access my notepad. What can I do to make this stop? I'm not eligible for an upgrade for at least another year, so I have to make it on this phone.

0 Likes
jimbb

Wake up Verizon.  Frustrating is not the word here.  Breech of contract is the word here.

My family owns three of these LG phones and they all reboot at random.  Just wait till one of these things reboots during a 911 call and harms the customer.  That will get your attention when CNN reports it to the world.

Second,  This daily scoop forced software?  Who is paying for the air time for the forced data transmissions?  These aren't smart phones with unlimited data plans, they are voice/text phones where WE pay for the airtime.

How about giving us a date when these phones will be fixed and if the date is more than 15 days away, we want you to release us all from our contracts so we can go find a company who will give us phones that work without forcing junky software on us.

0 Likes
jimbb

firmware delivery date???????

0 Likes