Re: NFL Mobile charges?
AZSALUKI
Legend

ciampaglione wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

dutchmomto3 wrote:

I downloaded the NFL mobile to my iphone 4S. My question is this. Is there an extra charge for this? Will I only be charged if I go over the 2G data limit when I'm not using wifi?

yes. the app is free. many of the features on the app are free. if you want the games though, it is $10/month (for non LTE devices. LTE devices get it free as a promo). so you can still see video highlights, check scores, etc, etc....but you can't access redzone channel or the games it shows, unless you pay the $10/month. 

Unless you are ona 4G phone, then it's free. 

did you miss where i already pointed that out?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

gina7289 wrote:
U also get Verizon video for 3g phones for the $10 not just NFL. U get tv shows as well.

For those of us that aren't interested in Verizon Video and are only interested in the NFL Network and Redzone it seems like we're being forced to get a plan we otherwise have no interest in. That is why I don't quite understand this idea at all. If you want to charge us for being able to see the live video then why not make the app cost like MLB does? Have us pay an annual fee and pay that one fee, not be forced to pay for other services we don't want...on an app that misleads many into thinking that the commercials are saying you can watch live games for free when that's not quite true except for 4G users this season.  That's the only thing that discourages me. I personally have the NFL network with my cable provider so the only thing I wanted was the redzone feature. I can subscribe to the Redzone channel with my cable provider (which only airs once a week on Sundays) for $39.95 for the season. Verizon wants me to pay $10/month. It would be cheaper (and to be honest, a better viewing experience) to pay my provider so I can watch it in HD on any TV in my house. Now, if I didn't have access to NFL Network or RedZone with my provider than I could see considering paying VZW...I just wish they would offer a package that covers what some of us want (Just access to NFL Live and not the Verizon Video)...IF they have to charge at all when we already pay for data.

i actually would prefer how they did it. i would rather have the option to pay the $10 once or twice for the month(s) that i want to use it, rather than a huge one time fee for the whole season. i watch redzone at home, and only rarely access it from my phone. if i didn't get it for free, i may likely pay $10 if i know i'm going to be out and want it on the phone.....but i wouldn't pay $40-50 (which is what they would likely charge for the entire season if it was a one time fee). 

If they charged more or the same amount that I can pay for it with my cable provider I still wouldn't be interested in it, but in the case of some one that knows they only want to pay for it for one month then I guess paying the monthly fee makes sense...to a certain degree. Some mobile subscriptions offer different rates...such as a daily rate that allows someone that generally wouldn't need the subscription but has a need for it for a day or so. Daily rates if paying for more than a few days can end up being more costly than a monthly rate...just as if they offered a season rate it would likely be cheaper than paying monthly. Ultimately, I know there are many that don't have access to either channel with their cable/satelite providers or the cost would be higher for them to get it versus just paying $10/month to view on their phone. That, I understand...and up until this season I was in the same boat (my provider did not have the NFL Network or offer subscriptions to NFL Redzone). I would have been more likely to pay for the service with VZW beginning in November if that were still the case just so I could view the Thursday Night games that start airing on NFL Network in November...and get the added benefit of the RedZone channel. Otherwise, for me the cost isn't worth it when I would only use it for the RedZone.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it also depends on if you have a device with hdmi out i suppose. my tbolt doesn't have it. however, if you had a device with it then it would make sense to me to pay for the app and get it on your device and/or you tv.....rather than only having it on your tv. it's $40 for the redzone channel only, on cable providers. to me $10/month would be worth it because it would be $40 or $50 (you could just skip the first month like you mentioned) to get redzone, nfl network, sunday night and monday night games on your device AND tv......again, if you had hdmi out on the device (which i REALLY wish i had).

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

it also depends on if you have a device with hdmi out i suppose. my tbolt doesn't have it. however, if you had a device with it then it would make sense to me to pay for the app and get it on your device and/or you tv.....rather than only having it on your tv. it's $40 for the redzone channel only, on cable providers. to me $10/month would be worth it because it would be $40 or $50 (you could just skip the first month like you mentioned) to get redzone, nfl network, sunday night and monday night games on your device AND tv......again, if you had hdmi out on the device (which i REALLY wish i had).

That is a good idea for those that would like to use that method. If you purchase the accessory you can use HDMI Out on an iPhone (I think the accessory is marketed as an iPad accessory, but works on the iPhone 4....not sure about the 4s though). I checked with my cable provider and Redzone is $29.99 for the season...not sure if that's regular price or not. Another option might be to subscribe to RedZone online as soon as it's available...if the price is right it and your computer has an HDMI Out then you could hook it up as you mentioned and do the same thing. Just not sure when redzone online will finally be available (just says coming soon) or how much it would cost. Ultimately, for me as long as I have access to Thursday Night Games next month I'm good...thank goodness my provider FINALLY picked up the NFL Network lol.

0 Likes