NFL Mobile charges?
dutchmomto3

I downloaded the NFL mobile to my iphone 4S. My question is this. Is there an extra charge for this? Will I only be charged if I go over the 2G data limit when I'm not using wifi?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: NFL Mobile charges?
Tidbits
Legend

If you watch the live games then there is a charge to use the NFL network.  If you use it while on wifi then it will not count towards your data only on 3G or 4G.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
U cant see the live games without paying $10 as well. Yes if u pay $10 and u see live games without wifi it will count. If u have unlimited it will count towards that. Anything like the clips of videos etc count as data.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I ment both unlimited and not unlimited it will count.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

dutchmomto3 wrote:

I downloaded the NFL mobile to my iphone 4S. My question is this. Is there an extra charge for this? Will I only be charged if I go over the 2G data limit when I'm not using wifi?

yes. the app is free. many of the features on the app are free. if you want the games though, it is $10/month (for non LTE devices. LTE devices get it free as a promo). so you can still see video highlights, check scores, etc, etc....but you can't access redzone channel or the games it shows, unless you pay the $10/month. 

0 Likes
ciampaglione
Enthusiast - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

dutchmomto3 wrote:

yes. the app is free. many of the features on the app are free. if you want the games though, it is $10/month (for non LTE devices. LTE devices get it free as a promo). so you can still see video highlights, check scores, etc, etc....but you can't access redzone channel or the games it shows, unless you pay the $10/month. 

Unless you are ona 4G phone, then it's free.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
U also get Verizon video for 3g phones for the $10 not just NFL. U get tv shows as well.
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

gina7289 wrote:
U also get Verizon video for 3g phones for the $10 not just NFL. U get tv shows as well.

For those of us that aren't interested in Verizon Video and are only interested in the NFL Network and Redzone it seems like we're being forced to get a plan we otherwise have no interest in. That is why I don't quite understand this idea at all. If you want to charge us for being able to see the live video then why not make the app cost like MLB does? Have us pay an annual fee and pay that one fee, not be forced to pay for other services we don't want...on an app that misleads many into thinking that the commercials are saying you can watch live games for free when that's not quite true except for 4G users this season.  That's the only thing that discourages me. I personally have the NFL network with my cable provider so the only thing I wanted was the redzone feature. I can subscribe to the Redzone channel with my cable provider (which only airs once a week on Sundays) for $39.95 for the season. Verizon wants me to pay $10/month. It would be cheaper (and to be honest, a better viewing experience) to pay my provider so I can watch it in HD on any TV in my house. Now, if I didn't have access to NFL Network or RedZone with my provider than I could see considering paying VZW...I just wish they would offer a package that covers what some of us want (Just access to NFL Live and not the Verizon Video)...IF they have to charge at all when we already pay for data.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I understand but I was mentioning the whole facts technically ur paying for Verizon video and getting NFL mobile premium video. That's how VZW works.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

kaebfly wrote:

gina7289 wrote:

For those of us that aren't interested in Verizon Video and are only interested in the NFL Network and Redzone it seems like we're being forced to get a plan we otherwise have no interest in. That is why I don't quite understand this idea at all. If you want to charge us for being able to see the live video then why not make the app cost like MLB does? Have us pay an annual fee and pay that one fee, not be forced to pay for other services we don't want...on an app that misleads many into thinking that the commercials are saying you can watch live games for free when that's not quite true except for 4G users this season.  That's the only thing that discourages me. I personally have the NFL network with my cable provider so the only thing I wanted was the redzone feature. I can subscribe to the Redzone channel with my cable provider (which only airs once a week on Sundays) for $39.95 for the season. Verizon wants me to pay $10/month. It would be cheaper (and to be honest, a better viewing experience) to pay my provider so I can watch it in HD on any TV in my house. Now, if I didn't have access to NFL Network or RedZone with my provider than I could see considering paying VZW...I just wish they would offer a package that covers what some of us want (Just access to NFL Live and not the Verizon Video)...IF they have to charge at all when we already pay for data.

i actually would prefer how they did it. i would rather have the option to pay the $10 once or twice for the month(s) that i want to use it, rather than a huge one time fee for the whole season. i watch redzone at home, and only rarely access it from my phone. if i didn't get it for free, i may likely pay $10 if i know i'm going to be out and want it on the phone.....but i wouldn't pay $40-50 (which is what they would likely charge for the entire season if it was a one time fee). 

0 Likes