Re: HTC Incredible reboot fix that works and does NOT require hard reset
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi synergy,

I apologize for the delayed reply and understand your concern about the device reboot. After researching the Droid Incredible, at this time HTC has not communicated a software update to resolve the reboot issue.  As a workaround I would suggest performing a hard reset:

1. Power your Incredible off
  2. While the phone is off simultaneously hold the volume down button and power button 

Please advise if you still require additional assistance after the hard reset.

Thank you for your patience,

0 Likes
synergy

My whole point was to NOT have to do a hard reset!!!! Check out the title of the post. Wow. I appreciate your trying to help but a hard reset wipes absolutely everything off the phone. I have a more elegant solution rather than that. It is now called "Buy an iPhone and smash my Incredible with a hammer." I realize this reply is not all that useful but it is in response to a useless response.

On a separate note, I have found putting my phone in a baggie and putting it on ice actually does cause the reboot loop to stop but then the phone storage is mounted read only which has issues of its own. I did it just to get the phone working in a moment of desperation while away on a trip this past weekend.

0 Likes
epitch

synergy,

I have had my Incredible for over a year about three months ago we were using it with the gps and it rebooted but was very hot on the back. I let it cool for awhile and everything was good for around a month. I don't use it much as far as the internet, mail or facebook applications go but my wife and daughter do and that is when it crashed and reboots sometimes it will start right back up and as long as we are not using it all is well other times it may continually loop until I pull the battery and restart then it is fine as long as we don't do anything with it.

I have been reading several post and blogs about this issue and there unfortunately there is no resolve at least not one I have seen. I did see there was a lot in NC area and they were blaming the signal. Not sure if that has anything to do with mine or not I will keep an eye on it.

It would be nice for HTC or VZW to come up with a solution but there solution right now is you are out of warranty but if you want to up grade to anothere phone, I don't think that will happen right now. I do love the phone and apps, that I now do not have on there because I reset everything, thinking this might solve the issue but NO that did not help.

I guess we just sit and wait or change phones.

It would be nice for VZW and HTC to pay attention to this and many other post and fix it, but now they have newer and better phones so why bother.

Best of Luck

Erik

0 Likes
Tristan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in NC and have trouble with mine rebooting all the time. Verizon certainly has not been much help. Their solution is for me to buy a new phone and sign a new 2 year contract. I told them I already bought a phone and signed a contract. I want the thing to work. I'm on my second one now and it's out of warranty. The reboot thing has gotten progressively worse. Thankfully it is very rare that it happens actually during phone calls, but that has happened twice now.

At one point they told me I had to contact HTC. Then HTC told me I had to contact Verizon. What a load of ballony. HTC has a repair service, but you have to pay for it. I didn't get into whether this issue was something they could repair it.

There are so many people that have had this problem, it's rediculous. I think the phone needs to be recalled, and the only way to get them to do that is probably a class action lawsuit.

If anyone is interested in a class action lawsuit because of these reboot issues, with the Droid Incredible, PM me.

0 Likes