iphone voice over activated totally screwed up phone
crowman

Hi,

I just activated my voice over function under settings/general/accessibility on my iphone 4 and hated it.  when i tried to deactivate it my phone kind of locked up.  the slide/touch functions are very sluggish and now it wont accept my password.

I put in the screen lock password (the correct one) and it says WRONG PASSWORD (but it isn't the wrong one)  it keeps locking me out.

I have a lot of data that has not yet been backed up so I don't want to do a hard reset.  Does anyone have any good ideas?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone voice over activated totally screwed up phone
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Best bet, back up your phone as soon as possible and then try restoring the iPhone.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello crowman,

I'm not sure if you have addressed this already, but you can try a simple reset first before the restore.  You can do this by pressing the power button and the menu/home button at the same exact time and keep holding both until you see an apple icon. Once you see the icon you can release the buttons and let the phone repower.  This will not erase anything and you can try from there. If that does not assist you may want to just back up the phone restore and reactivate to be successful.  Please let me know if you were victorious.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
zetau

I'm wondering if anyone found a solution to this?

I somehow selected Voice Over and among many other probelms,  none of my screens will scroll.  So I can't get back to the System panel to disable this.

Judging by the OP date here, Apple should hve known aboout this bug before releasing iOS 5. Any input would be greatly appreciated.  I did do a restore, but Voice Over returned.

Thanks

0 Likes
WPDawg_21

I did the same thing and found that I could use 3 finger flick to scroll between windows. Maybe it was 2 fingers, I can't remember but afraid to try it again :smileyhappy: To select an app or setting, double-click on the app/setting to open, then navigate using the 3 finger slide until you can disable the option. This worked for me, but it was kinda laggy.

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

I have noticed that myself when I tried it, I think if you tap to the left or the right of the circles at the bottom of the screen, it will scroll through the different pages

I am not sure how your iPhone is set up, but on mine, I can turn on/off VoiceOver by triple tapping the home button and selecting VoiceOver from the accessability settings list

0 Likes