Re: LG Vortex (Low internal memory)
flashrn

I was having the same problem for the last two days. Two different local Verizon stores were of no help. I have done all the things you memory in the previous messages. My internal memory is now 75 MB left. I am trying to update Angry birds and download our local news app. It is stills saying they cannot be loaded onto sd card or usb storage. I have dumped a number of apps in the last  two days. I have gmail also on my phone but there is no menu choice to delete trash. I will check that  on my desktop but it may not matter. Can you advise?? Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@flashrn
The instructions for deleting the trash in the email is for the Email application and not the Gmail app. They are two different applications.

Also you have 75 mb left in your internal storage. That is quite a bit of space for some phones.

There seems to be an issue with updating Angry Birds whenever it is stored on the sd card. Go to settings > applications > manage applications > sd card. Select the Angry Birds application and move it to phone. Go back to the Market and try to update the application. When it has updated, you can move the application back to the sd card.

It might be the same thing with the other application you want to download.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
flashrn

Yes, I knew  the default email and Gmail were separate. I thought maybe I needed to try to empty trash of Gmail also. I was able to increase the internal memory to 75 mb by doing the things you said in the previous post. Glad to know that is a decent mat of internal memory. I followed your suggestion and was able to update Angry Birds. I tried to download the news station app and still getting the message, couldn't install on USB storage or SD card. I had it installed previously but couldn't update it so I uninstalled and am trying to download again. You have been a big help. Thank so much!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you have any under 30 mb start to worry and do some serious cleaning. The phone will give you a warning about 15 mb free.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lorigreen01

I recently started having the same issue with my Vortex after having it for a couple months. When I go to manage all applications and sort them by size, I have found the biggest culprit is my Contacts Storage has been as high as 61MB.  I tried deleting more than 2/3 of my contacts but that didn't help.  I ended up just selecting clear data and starting over with no contacts.  I retrieved my contacts through backup assistant and now it's 3 days later and I am having the same issue again. 

Anyone know how to solve this without me having to delete all my contacts regularly?

0 Likes
lombardy25

Hi Ann154,

I came across this forum with the same issue of not having enough storage space. I have already done all of what you had suggested to Jack, which in the past has worked for me. But all of that is cleared and I still do not have enough space. And today I noticed that my Dialer Storage is taking up 8.82mb. I tried searching online to see what would happen if I cleared that data and I came across your post. Could you please let me know what data I could lose if I cleared the dialer storage? And please let me know if there is anything else that I should do along with clicking "clear data" in the dialer storage as well.

I would really appreciate your help, as I find it extremely annoying when I cannot receive or send text messages due to my "internal space being low," as well as not being able to run any updates.

Thank you so much in advance! I appreciate it!

Kristine

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@lombardy25
If you clear Dialer Storage, you will lose your Call Log and your SMS/MMS messages. You can backup both to the SD card and restore after clearing the data in the Dialer Storage app. When you restore using this two applications, the information will restore at a smaller size.

Download and install these two applications. Open them and run the backup function. Then go to Settings > Applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the Dialer Storage app. Select it and press the clear data button. Back out to the Homescreen and run the two applications again only this time use the restore function.

SMS backup and restore (SMS messages only)
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

Call log backup and restore
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riteshsahu.CallLogBackupRestore

If you need to backup your MMS messages, you will need to look for one that will back those up. They are often paid applications.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
awinters

FYI-

For my aol email I signed into my email account and deleted my trash. Then I went into my email app and refreshed the trash folder and the emails deleted with me choosing them individually.   It took up less time because I didn't have to do all 2,000 of them individually.

0 Likes
redsoxgfmt

I have tried everything listed on this forum, and many others, and nothing works!  Grrrr!

0 Likes