Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty), Advanced Devices for Apple iPhone 4s 64gb model?
99mustang232

I ordered a 64gb Apple iPhone 4s and since Verizon wasn't offering the Apple Care+, I chose the TEC (WPP+Extended Warranty). 

Looking through the details they do not outline the coverage details such as deductible and limits per claim for the 64GB model.  Verizon directs you to check the Asurion website, which doesn't even list this model? Tried to call them but their phone lines are jammed up so not sure what to expect?

Anyone else have any ideas?

Here is what Verizon gives me:

Total Equipment Coverage*

Complete protection of your wireless equipment.  It combines the benefits of Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (offered by third–party insurance agency) with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty** program.  If your phone or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason – lost, stolen damaged or malfunctioning – you can be covered. As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

Verizon Wireless Total Equipment Coverage will help you stay connected.
$10.99 per month per covered device***

16 GB Device

• $10.99 per month per covered device
  • $169 non–refundable deductible per approved claim
  • Equipment maximum limit: $1500 per completed claim

32 GB Device

• $10.99 per month per covered device
  • $199 non–refundable deductible per approved claim
  • Equipment maximum limit: $1500 per completed claim

For a schedule of equipment in the Advanced Devices categories, please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881–2622

• Lost, stolen, damaged claim limits: 2 Claims in a 12–month period (In New York, 2 claims per policy year)
  • Claims may be fulfilled with new or remanufactured equipment. In general, claims are fulfilled with the same make and model you claim. If this is not possible, a like–kind make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
  • Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your coverage at any time and receive a pro–rated refund of your unused premium.

For Asurion Wireless Phone Protection Terms and Conditions, please call Asurion Customer Service or visit www.phoneclaim.com/verizon

NOT AVAILABLE IN ALL MARKETS THROUGH THE ONLINE STORE

Asurion Wireless Phone Protection and Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty are both available separately.

*Total Equipment Coverage and Extended Warranty not available in Florida.
**Florida customers receive extended warranty coverage under the Wireless Phone Protection policy. 
***Total Equipment Coverage bundles Asurion Wireless Phone Protection ($9.18) + Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty ($1.81)

Asurion: Customer Service: 1–888–881–2622; Website:  www.phoneclaim.com/verizon/

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty), Advanced Devices for Apple iPhone 4s 64gb mo
99mustang232

Called Asurion at 1–888–881–2622, spoke with (Stephanie) a customer service representative in attempt to determine what I actually bought as the information is not listed on their website. More particularly I wanted to know the deductible and maximum limite for my model. The representative didn't know the answer so I was placed on infinite hold while she researched this. Ultimately I was informed that nobody at Asurion knows the answer to this question as the model is too new? I asked to speak to a supervisor and was denied the option of doing so.  I asked what the next steps should be and she could only advise to keep calling back until someone could answer this, or try calling Verizon Customer support who would likely direct me back to Asurion. 

The only thing anyone knows at this point is how to take your money and unable to provide the details of what they are actually selling you. I suppose the best option is to cancel this and go for the AppleCare+ 

Model: Apple iPhone 4s - 64gb

Monthly fee: $10.99

Deductible: Unknown

Maximum limit on claim: Unknown

0 Likes
Re: Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty), Advanced Devices for Apple iPhone 4s 64gb mo
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi 99mustang232.

I would be just as frustrated and confused as you are with the limited information about the Total Equipment Coverage, TEC, (which is the WPP plus the extended warranty).  I can certainly clarify this information.  For the 32GB and 64GB iPhone 4S, the monthly charge is actually $9.99, which was just lowered from $10.99, and the deductible is $199.00.  The limit is 2 claims per 12 month period, and the maximum is $1500.00.

I hope this information helps you decide whether to have this coverage, or purchase the AppleCare+.

Thank you,

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

How come the monthly charge was not lowered as well for the 16Gb?

0 Likes
oneillea2002
Contributor - Level 2

What a rip off for Verizon Insurance.I would either buy Apple Care+ or go with Square Trade I think both are 100.00 up front plus 50.00 per claim 150.00 total. Verizon 9.99 for 24 months plus 200.00 per claim rip off

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Unless you plan on losing it or having it stolen, you're better off going with AppleCare+

0 Likes
oneillea2002
Contributor - Level 2

True however I been with Verizon for atleast 10 years I never had a phone stole (knock on wood hahaha). I currently have 2 year Square Trade Insurance on my iphone 4 and the good thing is I think I can transfer that warranty to my iphone 4s so it make it good when you aways up grade

0 Likes
Re: Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty), Advanced Devices for Apple iPhone 4s 64gb model?
B5469001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the coverage after the rep at the store said "if anything at all happens we just replace it".  Fell in the water with it in my pocket.  take it down to verizon.  I have to go through asurion.  Go there.  I have to fill out paper work and send it in via fax or scan it and download it.  they won't accept it with out the imei number which is on the phone that doesn't work.  follow instructions to get it through the mac but only can get serial number.  this won't do.  so have to call verizon to get the number then resubmit the paperwork.  if you do it by phone they charge overnight shipping.  this is in fact a complete and utter rip off without question.   The first and only time i ever bought something like this and then on top of it actually needed it, and its taken me hours upon hours to do it all and still no phone 3 days later.