HELP! Spam calls from invalid number. How can I block them?
memal

I have been receiving calls at all hours from random phone numbers. When I try to call back or look up the number online, they are all invalid numbers. Is there anyway to block ALL invalid numbers? I have used the call block to block the 5 of them, but they seem to just create new invalid numbers and keep calling! Please help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! Spam calls from invalid number. How can I block them?
Not applicable

memal,

Hi there! I know those calls would get very frustrating, very quickly! Is there anyone on the other end when you pick up? Is there any recording indicating the company being represented? I do recommend registering your mobile number on the National Do Not Call List to ensure these calls stop. They also offer an escalation process if these calls do not stop.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: HELP! Spam calls from invalid number. How can I block them?
dofaust
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, carriers, especially verizon & att, have zero interest in curbing marketeers/robocalers/spam, for obvious reasons. Also, the FTC donotcall registry is almost worthless, since callers know there are no teeth or enforcement or disincentive to keep callin- , hoping to entrap the young, elderly, and uninformed wih their aggressive tactics.

Aside from ignoring unknown callers, or taking the time to be sure the USPS database does not have your phone nmber, one of the few effective strategies is to get off the grid - change your number - ouch! - or block ANY unknown calls - unfortunately that can only be done on a smartphone - another incentive for carriers to NOT punish abusive callers. 

0 Likes