Embedded SIM?
993C4

Received the order confirmation for my iPhone 4S with global data and noticed at the bottom:

Additional Items

Embedded SIM   $0.00

Shipping Fee       $0.00

Have not seen a photo of the right side of the new phone, but everything else refers to a traditional micro SIM, same as ATT iPhone 4.  Anyone else receive an order confirmation with the same item?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Embedded SIM?
99mustang232

I also got the "Embedded SIM" added to my itemized sales order.  I suspect this may have been a mistake as I execpt it to come with a SIM tray, may be something to do with how we ordered it with the GSM capability and international voice plan.

0 Likes
eleedy
Contributor - Level 1

I think this just means the sim card will come already inside your phone, you don't have to put it in yourself.

0 Likes
kevinpy
Enthusiast - Level 3
It asked me if I planned to use the phone globally, I said yes, but then it prompted me to add a Global Data plan, which I don't need permanently. So I changed it to no. I was wondering if it would come with a SIM or if I'd need to request one next time I travel internationally
0 Likes
Jarek

Does anyone know why iPhone 4S is not listed as a global phone on Verizon website, and tech spec show only CDMA and nothing related to GSM technology?

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning.

The SIM card does come with the iPhone 4S even if you did not request a Global Data plan.  This is in case you need the Global plan in the future, you will need the SIM card.

Jarek, the iPhone was not a Current device on October 8, when you asked this question; therefore, it was not listed on the Global Phone page.  If you look now, you will see the iPhone 4S on the Global Phone page.  Please view the following link. 

Global Phones

Thank you,

0 Likes