Email notifier doesn't work when screen is off (HTC Rhyme)
cooperlakesfarm

Help!  This is very frustrating.  I have an HTC Rhyme.  If the screen is off (black), the notifier doesn't notify me of new email.  If I turn the screen on, then I will get notification of new email.  Is there a way to change this.  My husband has a Droid Incredible and he is notified when he gets email when is screen is off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email notifier doesn't work when screen is off (HTC Rhyme)
deterleigh_73
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the HTC Rhyme also. My email does notify me by sound and visual, this is what I did....

Mail, Menu soft key, More, Settings, Notification Settings, and make sure the email notifications box and the notification sound boxes are checked.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This sounds like you may have power manager set to disable connection when device is sleep, I cant say how yo fix but you can check under the Seyyings / Power option on phone that covers the option.

Another way to check this is to check the data ucon on top status menu when you wake device up and the issue appearsm if the icon is gone for a little after waking up then the connection is sleeping when phone enters sleep mode..

0 Likes
brandarae

A little green light at the very top of the phone (near the camera) flashes when I have emails. It automatically set up that way when I synced with my email. Wish I could be of more help. I'm still learning - just got it yesterday! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
cooperlakesfarm

Yes, both are checked.  Audio Notication - checked, Message Notification - checked, Vibrate - checked. 

0 Likes
cooperlakesfarm

I have the Notification Flash set but still no light blinks when I get email.  UGH!!!!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This option would be in these locations...

Ringers

Settings / Sounds / Ringtones

Default Notification

Under Settings / Sounds / Notification

gMail:

Open gMail > Left menu button > more > Settings > Scroll to notification area at bottom of list...... All these options works for gMail

Email:

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Email > Notifications........  All these control all email accounts.

Text Messages

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Text Messaging > Scroll to notification area of list........  All these control all SMS and MMS accounts

0 Likes
cooperlakesfarm

I have checked all of these and all are checked.  I think my problem may be because I am using Hotmail.  I tried setting up Hotmail under the Mail icon and did but it wouldn't automatically Push emails through.  I then found a Hotmail App in the Droid Market, used that one and it works but only notifies me if my screen is on.  If I turn it off it will only notify me once I reopen the screen.  Is anyone else using Hotmail and having these issues?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Hotmail has issues at times and this is why the developer has been working on a Standalone Hotmail app..

0 Likes
lalayna

i have the same problem and it is SO frustrating.  i have checked, double, and triple checked all of my settings and they are all set to notify me when i receive emails...neither the mail widget nor gmail notifies me.  they did when i first set my phone up, now it has stopped.  

0 Likes