Can't Download Email Attachments
BradJ

cannot download email attachments (yahoo and my work web-based email using factory email app) regardless of file type.  Attempts to download for a few seconds or minute and then alternately displays "Failed to load attachment" and "Network Not Available" at bottom of screen.  I have 3-4 bars on 3G and can open webpages, receive new emails, etc. so the data network must be available, right?

Restarted phone and cycled Airplane Mode and Data Network Mode on/off with no change.  This phone/network is a love/hate relationship but I'm more on the hate side lately...

Thoughts Anyone?

Brad

0 Likes
Re: Can't Download Email Attachments
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
BradJ

Thanks for the tip.

Downloaded app, rebooted and no change.  Well, the emails that I originated and attached items from the phone now give me the option to use "Download All Files" app.  Any file attachment that didn't originate on the phone still shows the Andriod "fetching ...file name" and gives me the same error.

Was able to download an Excel file with Andriod OS from my work email but not a .pdf from same account.  I've saved .doc and other files before but this started about a month ago.  Thought maybe it was a bad network day but now appears to be here to stay.

Any other thoughts?  It seems my smartphone has been huffing and gets less functional every month

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

BradJ wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

Downloaded app, rebooted and no change.  Well, the emails that I originated and attached items from the phone now give me the option to use "Download All Files" app.  Any file attachment that didn't originate on the phone still shows the Andriod "fetching ...file name" and gives me the same error.

Was able to download an Excel file with Andriod OS from my work email but not a .pdf from same account.  I've saved .doc and other files before but this started about a month ago.  Thought maybe it was a bad network day but now appears to be here to stay.

Any other thoughts?  It seems my smartphone has been huffing and gets less functional every month

I cant agree with that because I havent had any issues downloading anything....   Maybe try installing K9 email from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fsck.k9&feature=search_result and see if it helps, maybe the stock email client has less options than HTC Thunderbolts stock client.

0 Likes