Re: Droid Incredible 2 Not Charging.
Initech_milton
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you think a problem might be related to software update, you should let HTC know directly too. Just go to HTC's website and email them. I have no confidence in either Verizon or HTC but if they get enough complaints about a problem maybe they will look into it. These days so many cell phones are coming into the market that most of them are outdated in less than two years. It's my suspicion that manufacturers are trying to ignore problems long enough so that people will throw away their otherwise a good phone and upgrade to a new one. Just look at that alarm clock problem, it has been two months and HTC still hasn't fixed the problem.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

MScheinhaus wrote:

I had the same exact problem today. I had a full charge at the begining of the day. The charge got low, into red. Now all of a sudden it will NOT hold a charge. The status bar that shows it is charging will show it is plugged in, but not the progress of it charging. I can use it for calls while plugged in, but that is it. I've left it turned off for hours to charge, it is orange... nothing keeping.

Tried taking out the battery. Guess I will be taking a trip to the Verizon store. I've only had the phone since May. This is sad.

MScheinhaus,

I can understand your frustrations and would be happy to assist you!

It appears that either an application or something on the device memory is causing the battery to drain faster than normal.  I would like to suggest trying one last troubleshooting step to resolve this issue.  You can perform a hard reset of the device, just ensure your data is backed up prior to the reset.  Once your device is set up, please charge for a few hours and test the battery life.

Please let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
najeeb1

i just had that problem if you have insurance on your phone take it to a verizon wireless store they will order you a new overnight free of charge

0 Likes
RRF1
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of my inc 2s will not charge am waiting on the replacement which is sopposed be here today this is probally the biggest flaw in the dinc 2 the charging port is not very well connected to the board

0 Likes
angelstarbow
Had same problem with my first Droid incredibly two. Now on my second one, and its having same problem. The first one had to hold the charging cord a certain way, an then eventually had to cut it off to get fully charged. Then it stopped charging at all. Got new one and its starting all over. I think this is an issue with the phones. A manf defect. Which, as a $500 phone, they need to fix. I'm hoping it gets better, not worse. Or ill be getting another new one. It's ridiculous.
0 Likes
Bree1998

My phone is not charging but I know it has something to do with the connection of the cord into the phone.  I too have to hold the cord a very specific way to get the red charging light to come on.  Sometimes it can be sitting perfectly still and still go from charging to not charging.I have a car charger for this phone as well and it does the same thing on that one, so it is the phone not my charger.  It is steadily getting worse. It seems like the whole where you plug into the phone is getting warped or stripped more and more from constantly having to reposition the cord while it is charging.  And now my cord is getting frayed and wires are showing on the end and I have only had this phone about 2 months. Again it is caused by the constant twisting and turning to pick up a charge.  I dont want to go get a new one and eventually have the same promble. Just got used to this phone now and it looks like from all the posts there is definitely a problem with it.

0 Likes
JBartoletti

I just started having this problem too...not charging. :smileymad:

0 Likes
taj4599

:smileysad:  I'm am having the same issues as it seems many are having.  I've only had this phone since April 2011 and I have never had this issue before with prior phones.  I wonder how many times I will have this issue before my next upgrade.

0 Likes
jkims15

I'm on my third DINC 2 and this is starting to get ridiculous. Just last night, I was having issues with charging and I woke up this morning to a dead phone that won't turn on anymore. It looks like I'm going to need a 4th one since May!! This is a huge problem for me since I absolutely NEED my phone and am unable to get a replacement because I'm in Spain until December. Does anyone know if there is a way to charge the battery outside the phone? For example, most digital cameras require you to remove the battery and charge it on a separate charger. Is there anything like that for the incredible 2?

0 Likes
Hooplikins

I did the hard reset and it is still not charging. any help??

0 Likes